1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Poke'mon Butt/Wipe & Crap/Brown *Rant

Discussion in 'Rants' started by nu885, May 29, 2010.

1. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

so with the billionth installment of poke';mon soon to be released nothing seems impressive enough and the pokemon look like digimon... the legendary poke'mon are nothing more than a good laugh considering there's so many they dont seem as legendary..its a shame i never thought id start to hate poke'mon games but i honestly havent found one i like since ruby came out. i admit the graphics are getting better, but the battles are the same other than 2 vs 2 nothing has change but the moves and natures which came out with the ruby threesome.. you want acorns? ask a squirrel... i want longer action paced battles not over-used turn-based battles that just got new menu looks and they only have the DS to thank for that..... im outta time right now so ill post more later maybe some of you feel the same way? lemme know? please dont post "pokemon is awesome screw you" haha and thanks for reading :D

2. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Way to post in the wrong section, buddy... :\

No longer needed. Thanks Reider.

3. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

pokemon is awsome screw you :) why hate them since they are so nice?:(

4. Hou-Quan1031

Hou-Quan1031 Active Member

pokemon is awesome screw you ;)

5. You're a huge idiot, OP.

You just wasted your time making this.

6. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I think that this is not a waste of time.

It's true.
    Pokemon has had a lot of games but are all pretty much the same.
    Also every generation Pokemon start to look worse and worse.

7. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

wow, i think i got 3rd degree forum burn ouch...

my bad on posting in the wrong section i must've been on the wrong tab in my browser...

please move this to the right section if you would.

"screw you poke'mon is awesome"? i knew there'd be people like that *hint - its in the post ;) i've backed up my opinion and im still waiting to hear a decent reason to why i may be wrong.. i've played pokemon for 10 years or so now and i personally havent seen any grand improvements other then what hardware its on and its "feature"(like gameboy then goes to gameboy color = pokemon in color).. i mean c'mon the story is about the same team (insert random name) is up to no good.. you stop them via the same old battle system look except pretty animations and then the elite four and rival and then the credits roll about the only major thing they've done with the game is the breeding which some of us had been waiting for since season 1 of the show since brock wanted to be a poke'mon breeder

8. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

They need to add some new features and get rid of some.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got bored of pokemon, in the process I dislike rpg's now.

WHY?

Because they are all the same, look at final fantasy...it's all the same to me.

And they can't do 3-D on the ds or the next console, it means the link up gimmick they used would be effectively DEAD, only game that came close to something fresh was collosum.

10. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Pokemon suck hard. I will never understand it's popularity...

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It was fun at first, not a new concept, but the sharing aspect was awesome, and the collecting...once ev training came in, it brought in a new tatical depth.

Sad thing is, it requires alot of grinding, and I think it's just an exploit on the raising aspect (prehaps we were meant to have random pokemon-now we can have the slowest pokemon out pacing faster ones not ev trained).

12. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

[quote author=hYpNoS]
    Because they are all the same, look at final fantasy...it's all the same to me.
    [/quote]i presume you're not doing that thing where you comment on an entire series/genre of games after only play one or two games now are you??

also too many people complain that pokemon hasnt changed, yet they offer no suggestions or ideas in return. there must be a reason why the games keep selling in the millions time after time after time after time, no?

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Because people like repetition, look at those fifa games...eww...

I have played a few ff games and seen a few, though I have yet to play them all myself I have seen most of the FF series in action.

Looks much the same, sure deep mechanics...but I get bored of fetching crap, fighting turn based in most, etc...the newer ones have more active combat but...meh.

For pokemon I say make it like the tv show, prehaps make it like these 2...

-Full pokemon controll, instead of being lucky and have the pokemon miss, why not have you control the pokemon movements, in ether just side to side dodging or 3 dimensional combat (doesn't need 3-D graphics-just a grid).

-Take something from nintendogs and command them via voice, you say "water gun" and it shoots, say "dodge" and it shall, with everything else stat wise the same (speed, stamina, and add maybe an accuracy rating).

And watch those guys do as you tell them, now THIS will add new depth (and fustration for those with unclear voice :p)

Regardless, I need more active games these days, I don't even like free roaming games like gta, need structure...hence the idea of walking around, talking to mindless npc's doesn't work like it did years ago.

14. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

also too many people complain that pokemon hasnt changed, yet they offer no suggestions or ideas in return. there must be a reason why the games keep selling in the millions time after time after time after time, no?
    [/quote]

you didnt read my post did you? *i want longer action packed battles not over-used turn-based battles

i think it was do better if the battles were more tactical on like a "battlefield" and real-time not turn based or atleast an option to make it active turn based, dungeon explorer's had a decent idea but it the story wasnt good enough... i think it'd be cool if you couldnt tell your pokemon where to move but you could tell it was attacks to do and they could use the "natures" of the pokemon to decide how aggressive or cowardly they acted in battle. i got ideas but doesn't everyone? you could put yellow poop in a bag and sell it on ebay as "pikachu dookie" and i bet someone would buy it based on it being poke'mon excrement

i like hypno's idea with the voice command though haha

15. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

saying you want faster more action paced battles isnt a suggestion, it's just whining, tell us how would you achieve the faster battles.

oh! pretty much every idea mentioned so far sucks.

1. voice command - sucky
    2. user controlled pokemon - sucky
    3. real time wouldn't make a difference seeing as attack order is based on speed.
    4. battlefields? only work in tactical rpgs, it would not work in a game that is marketed towards kids. it could however work in a spin-off.
    5. the nature idea - sucky.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I do admit using custom robo Ds's combat wasn't the most original idea...

And I say remove attack order speed, make it SPEED rather than attack order, with new moves to replace those that would end up void.

Voice command would work-if not then just buttons (4 attacks mapped to the ds layout), user controlled...

It would mean those twitch finger would own.

Um...what nature idea?

17. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Pretty sure its this one
    And to be honest isn't this what they did for that Digimon World Championship?
    And personally I kinda hated it,since luck seems to be a huge factor in that game

18. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Why change Pokemon?

No one complains saying they want to change the Mario games...Yet Pokemon does just as well with sales.

This is just a silly rant.

It's like saying you want the unbeatable Football team to change its line-up.

19. sarz

sarz Member

Meh Pokemon... been playing it since i was 3 ! To tell you the truth not much changed after the 3rd Gen , let alone graphics ( which is obvious no duh )
    Although i did like that they made remakes of Gold and Silver , they were the best games i ever played back then...

BACK ON TOPIC O.O ... legendaries , are they even legends anymore ???? i hate what the 4th gen did with the concept ... 15 ( i think ) new legends ??? crazy indeed.New moves are coming out its just barely unnoticed >.< I do admit that the major elements of pokemon could change , an idea worth trying...but then it wouldnt just be pokemon , am i right O.O ? and HELL YES ! CHANGE THE DAMNED STORY ALREADY !

20. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

So basically, you want Pokemon to change to suit you, with retarded half-baked ideas on functionality, simply because you have the attention span of a fucking chipmunk? A game doesn't need to change its near-perfect core mechanics just to appease some kiddies jacked up on too much Halo and CoD. I don't give a fuck if you don't like turn-based setups - the system is closer to flawless than ever before. Here's an idea, idiot: if you don't like Pokemon, don't fucking play it anymore. Don't shit up my night by writing terrible "rants" that amount to childish bitching about the fact your nostalgia goggles have finally worn off. Pokemon is a solid game. It's been improved every single generation. Can't handle that it's not the same game that you played on the GB?

TOO FUCKING BAD.

YES I MAD