1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon black Japanese no exp on desmume

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by snowgad, May 9, 2018.

1. snowgad

snowgad New Member

I've looked for hours and hours to try and fix the exp issue for pokemon black JP but I just can't seem to fix it. whenever I enter an ap code to fix it on desmume the game crashes, then crashes whenever I try to start it up. I managed to get it working on no$gba with the codes buttttt the window is super small on there. I tried no$zoomer but that makes it freeze at the professor. could anyone help me get it working on desmume? thx!

p.s I am just studying Japanese which is why I didn't post this in a Japanese forum or something

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

no exp problem is definitely related to AP, instead of using codes you could use a patches rom . if you cant find one, you can patch an unpatched rom by yourself using the DS-Scene rom tool.
    I assume you have an unpatched rom so now download the DS-Scene rom tool from the official page. Now you can patch it yourself its pretty straight forward if you still need help follow the 2nd step of AP from this thread.

snowgad likes this.
  3. snowgad

snowgad New Member

DS-Scene doesn't come up with any info when I put pokemon black in it, maybe because I have the Japanese version?

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

no, it should have come up with info irrespective of the rom region. Have you tried the DS-Scene rom tool with other roms ?
    When you open the rom-tool it automatically updates itself, did you update it ?
    can you PM the link from which you downloaded the rom ,so can i check it out.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I don't understand why you can't see the info. My guess would either be your rom copy been tempered or faulty (e.g. parsed) or you don't know yet how to use the tool. Anyway, what Neon32 suggested was already spot on;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download : CLICK HERE

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

well the thing is that the rom which the op downloaded has CRC=33AF46D5, which isnt supported doesnt have a AP patch by rom-tool.
    I think your rom will work perfectly for op.

7. snowgad

snowgad New Member

Thank you both! the patched rom works, I'm going to have a lot of fun playing this

Neon32 likes this.
  8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Awesome , glad it worked out . have fun !!