1. This forum is in read-only mode.

please help?how to download ps2 iso and play them??

Discussion in 'Sony' started by [email protected], Aug 2, 2012.

1. sassyb3ar@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

Hey everyone Im new at this but i really wanna learn so that i can play some ps2 games. can you please tell me what will i need to download them and what else in order to play them on the system. i have the thin ps2. i have checked online and it says a number of different ways and things and i tried it one way and it didn't work.

thanks in advance. ;D

2. darkelf1

darkelf1 Member

ah, they are too big, i use torrent to down, and some site ...

3. silver.8901

silver.8901 Member

the bet way, is to do the Free McBoot way. (softmod)
    there are thousands of tuts (video/written for it)
    once you have done that, all you have to do is get the game and use ESR patcher on the ISO (use ESR patcher as i have had trouble with memento patched games), then burn the game to a DVD -r or +r, and then play away
    :D

4. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Nothing beats playing ont the real console. However, you could try the Pcsx2 emulator to check if the downloaded files are working. Use HJSplit, Winzip or WinRar to combine split files then use an image/iso creator i.e alcohol 120%, iso buster, powerISO, magicISO and burn to a cd/dvd try it on the and then try it(the burned disk) on the emulator to make sure it works. Then you can use the FreeMacboot softmod method on the console and play. Files are big for the good games so a download manager is highly recommended to download.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

emulators wont play patched isos, ESR won't play clean burns. Winrar cannot combine HJSplit files and nor can winzip, and all the programs you listed for burning are shit (apart from alcohol 120%, which is expensive commercial software). Just use imageburn to burn or elby clonedrive for mounting images.

6. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Well HJSplit is for the specific xxxxxxx HJSplit files but I can recall Winzip had a feature to combine 2 zipped archives of an ISO which then combines into the a single zipped file whereas you uncompress then go on to making the iso with an iso creating software.
    I agree with you on alcohol for burning and yeah the others are shit for this, but can they are ok for iso creation.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

winrar can combine files but that only works for split rar archives. I don't recall winzip being able to handle split archives at all.

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Here is a tutorial on downloading PS2 ISOs.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=60171.0

9. silver.8901

silver.8901 Member

he also wanted to know how to play them on a PS2 slim, an emulator wasn't mentioned in the post at all

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Did I mention that is showed people how to play them? No.
    I said:

No mention of showing how one to play them.

11. yudhis

yudhis Active Member

Imgburn is the best, since it is free