1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Piracy not Nintendo's problem.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Arcwolf09, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

2. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Re: Piracy not Nintendo's promlem.

*Problem.

3. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Sorry i was laughing about the irony.

4. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I liked it better the first way actually. I was debating on letting it stay the way it was.
    But someone would spoil it.
    Kinda funny how Nintendo delegates the issue down as they do.
    I would expect better, considering the NES had tons of pirated games.
    Both biblical and sexual,
    Rawr.

5. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Lol i thought it was ironic because i was goin to their site to see what i wanted to download and lo and behold i saw this with google.

6. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

When I read the article I thought of Nintendo becoming like SEGA dreamcast. Its popularity is not going anywhere.

7. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Lol but we all know if it wasn't for piracy.... games would sell more. The mans in total denial. I mean look at MW2. 4 million people downloaded that game. Now assume that each game sells for 50 bucks. That would mean Infinity Ward would have gained 200 million dollars and with that budget they could have made another game which could have been good.

8. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Just because you pirate the game doenst mean you wont buy it. Some people pirate it to try it out. Most of the time its better to have the real game because of all the issues.

9. 2DamCerius

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Saw that on QJ or wherever I saw it.

I believe it, but piracy is a large problem still for Nintendo. Though, the economy plays a larger part as well.

11. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

What if you make the console kill whoever tries to bypass the security measures, so that way, it's too risky to develop flashcarts and hacks.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That would be interesting, but highly illegal.

13. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

HAHAHA, and Big N blames 'pirates' for 'theft' and 'loss' when it's not ACTUAL theft, but THEIR OWN fault.

Piracy is defined as robbery on the high seas, wherein material possessions are taken BY FORCE.

Downloading a copy off the internet is downloading a copy off the internet, leaving the original INTACT. People download mp3's all the time and don't pay(although, the 'quality' and WORTH of todays 'music' is debatable), but do you see the 'musicians' throwing a bitchfit?

And I'm sure all the shovelware that Big N allows/licenses for their consoles is what came back to bite them in the ass.

Sure, people will usually buy the games they feel deserve support, but we're talking a crap economy, facist government going overboard with ripping off their people, and the rent, car, food, power have more priority than buying a game, ESPECIALLY when you come out even after bills.

Down with shovelware! Up with indie games!

[​IMG] Scribblenauts FTW!
    I don't recall IED's being legal in most civilized countries

14. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Define civilized.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I wasn't aware the amount of shovelware on the Wii is Nintendo's fault. Besides that they provided the console for these games are on. If that's what you mean, anyways.

I applaud Iwata for taking this stance on the issue. As he said:

Well known games like Nintendo's games, the CoD franchise, Halo, etc. game sales vastly overshadow the number of pirated copies download, this is both because they are solid game and because they are desired games. The more you make desired game, the more people are willing to shell out cash for it (or the people that don't know about the pirate way.

Too bad the lesser known AAA games get the shaft in terms of sales.

16. 2DamCerius

He does not blame piracy for their lack of sales, but the programmers themselves saying that they were not able to make great titles.

17. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Well spoken, Iwata.

BTW, anyone notice something about nintendo's seal?

[​IMG] before
    [​IMG] now

C'mon, nintendo. You KNOW that you let shitloads of shovelware into the wii and DS.

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Its green and brown like shit.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Not too sure who you're directing that to.

The Nintendo Seal meant nothing now and then, all it meant that the game worked on the system and that it wasn't a pirate game (like those 258 games-in-one games).

20. 2DamCerius

I was refering to this:

"With the lack of such hit software titles, we had to come up with the unit shipment forecasts with the assumption of a slower sales pace than when we originally made this year's financial forecasts," Iwata told investors. He went on to say that Nintendo "has not been able to produce the titles which can be a great hit in the market."