1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PC Game Recorder?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by bobafett1136, Jan 2, 2010.

1. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking for PC video game recorder that I can use to record games like Prototype, Crysis, MW2, Fable TLC and many more. My PC is super fast so don't worry about memory or CPU usage.

I'm 15 so I won't be getting my debit card until I'm 16 so it has to be FREE and complete as well. Not 30 seconds or 2 minutes then it automatically stops.

I couldn't post this in the support section because even on the non-emulation section it's all about roms and flashcarts.. :eek:

Thanks for the help.

2. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I'm 14 and i have that dilema aswell :eek:
    Spent ages googling, and now i have a decent screenshot-taker called MWSnap, but i could never find any good video one.
    On all the youtube gameplay vids though, people are using a thing called Fraps. It's good, but it's not free :'(

3. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

I use fraps with a crack.
    http://www.fraps.com/
    You can find by using Google ;)

4. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

I just bought fraps, my dad didn't care LOL.

5. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Nice, though I found a free one.
    Not sure how good it is though
    http://camstudio.org/

6. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Fraps trial is good except for the 30 second recording time per video

7. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I use camtasia and it's working great, but i got it with a crack.

8. Skeet11

Skeet11 Member

I broadcast my video to Justin.tv so I'm not sure what you could use to record your video. But to broadcast I use a combination of VHScrCap and Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 3. There is a record button in FMLE3, but I haven't ever used it.

9. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

I use camtasia and it's working great, but i got it with a crack, LOL!
    It's very useful and their codec (TSCC which is probably not compatible with some video editing software) gives a good recording! Go on my YouTube account and you will be amazed on how good the program will work on my super SLOW PC! AMD ATHOL 1800+ 1.53GHz, 256MB of ram, I can only play DS games using an emulator! LOL! I might get a new PC...
    Anyways, I enjoy using Camtasia Recorder!

10. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

lol you may be mocking me, but I don't really care... mainly because my recordings with camtasia work fine and I can get HD settings and make videos that people enjoy.
    So if your trying to offend me it's not working.
    plus sony vegas and camtaisa work beautifully together.
    ;P

11. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

excellent choice, Fraps is by far the best premium program out there for this job