1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nvidia GTX 750 Dual Monitor Setup

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Churlbreak3, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Churlbreak3

Churlbreak3 Active Member

I just bought a new monitor today hoping to have a dual monitor setup. After finally arranging my desk to fit the 2nd monitor and starting up the PC, the 2nd monitor, connected to the DVI port of the graphics card via a DVI to VGA extension, will not detect. Both monitors work when connected to the VGA port of the graphics card. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

try connecting one monitor with a dvi cable. Basically DVI can carry both digital and analogue signals, but doesn't always have analogue connected. DVI-VGA adaptors only work when the analogue is connected because all they do is connect the analogue pins of the DVI port to a VGA port.

3. Churlbreak3

Both monitors don't have a DVI port D: I have looked up about the two types of DVI ports and I'm fairly certain my vid card has a DVI-D port if that makes any difference.

4. Loonylion

DVI-D is digital only. DVI-I has both. You're stuck unfortunately.

5. Churlbreak3

So I can't use two monitors? I honestly don't get it cause I looked at the specs for the gtx 750 on the website and it says it can support up to 3 multiple monitors.

6. Loonylion

you can't use two VGA (=analogue) monitors. You need a monitor with a DVI interface.

7. Churlbreak3

Damn... Anywhere I can buy those types of monitors online?

8. Loonylion

yes, most LCD monitors these days have DVI (certainly the larger screen sizes, 17" and 19" ones may not). Just look at the specs before you buy, it will tell you if it has DVI or not. If you're not sure post a link to it here and someone will be able to tell you.

9. Churlbreak3

Alright, thanks for your help