1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No love for M$

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by bobdrakke, Dec 6, 2006.

1. bobdrakke

bobdrakke Member

Am I the only one who likes Xbox here? I don't have 360 but the modding capabilities of xbox1 made me get one.

emulation is pretty good except n64 and ps1 and can be exploted via software like GC so no opening or soldering. Streaming vids/music on net via xbox is cool, I no expert on xbox but if you need help I can point you in the right directions.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Personally I feel an xbox is a waste of money, the games for it aren't very intereting and they often exist for the PC too, in a better version too.

The PS3 will flop because it's too expensive, it's not a console, it's an entire media system, most people either don't want that at the current or already have it.

The Wii is a console, and just that, no DVD player or other useless shit, because I already have 7 other devices with DVD playback.

Of course the PC is better than all of the above 3. :)

3. bobdrakke

bobdrakke Member

Well there will be dvd player addon for wii but its jap only but were not missing out. If you dont have decent spec PC xbox is viable option.

XBL is probably the only thing that makes xbox good compared to GC or PS2 but its the modding capabilities which did it for me.

As Ps2 has all the games its no brainer. If Xbox and Ps2 had all the same games which would you choose imo it will be xbox.

4. Seph

I'd choose neither, but I'm not much of a gamer, so that might be why.

The only reason I want a Wii is because it's cheap (relatively) and because of the new Legend of Zelda game.

I should flood all of you with ads for a couple of days so that I can afford it. :p

5. Spyder

Spyder Guest

The first Xbox was of course a great console when it come out. Better than the 360 anyway. And the new release has of course set new benchmarks for great and graphically stunning games.
    I'll admit, i'm a hardcore PS2 gamer. But that's only because i'm so cheap i'll wait for the already cheap wii to be dropped before i buy one :p. There isn't anything special about the Ps2 although it brought us some of the best games ever such as the GTA franchise.

The wii however is a miracle on itself. Once again Nintendo has proven that they can deliver the best console ever since, well, the first game consol really... Innovation, creativity and cheap prices are what really makes the Nintendo the winner. It might not be the best when it comes to graphics (360) or the better multimedia console (Ps2 possibly), but it's a bloody darn nice addition that will revolutionise the gaming for years to come.

6. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

I don't realy like the big M$. When a company get's too big, it's starts getting EVIL! WIIi ;D

7. Spyder

Spyder Guest

And when it comes to PC's, shitty... ::)

8. Seph

Now now, don't diss MS, they're not all bad, in the field of programming they're way ahead of the game, nothing beats their IDEs. :)

9. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Nobody likes Microsoft...but it's not as if Sony sends you flowers and chocolates...there in it to make as much money as they can...just look at the PS3..we in Europe dont even get a 20gb version.. if we want to play the 2 or 3 good games scheduled for release...we have to pay €630.The PS2 is dying...and dying quick.Although I love Zelda the Wii just doesn't have enough else for me..So I chose Xbox360...it stuttered through it's first year but its beginng to take off and soar high now.Games like Rainbow6, Gears of War, GRAW2...rpg's like Blue Dragon and Oblivion..plus it gets GTA4 at the same time as PS3..And Xbox live is a big bonus..there's only one logical choice surely... ::)

10. Seph

The Wii? ;)

I must agree though, it depends on the which genres you enjoy, personally I'm more of a huge adventures (Zelda) and FPS games, and FPS games just aren't for use with a classic game controller, you need a mouse or Wiimote for that.

11. iamlegend

I haven't played the Wii yet so I don't know about the wiimote..but I prefer the classic contoller for most games...(except RTS games)...you dont get to use your thumbs with a mouse...ha..all you PC gamers with your wimpy girly thumbs...how do ever expect to win the world thumb wrestling championships...? ::)

12. Seph

We don't sign up for that, we sign up for the index finger wrestling championship, I win every year. ;D

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

*cough* real PC gamers have a PROPER mouse, and the reload button is located under the thumb :p

14. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

I don't like my "balled" mouse... The ball is always get's sticky and I have to clean it... :p

I have a wireless optical but it's cheap and my parents need to by some AAA rechargible batterys before I can use it again.

15. Seph

Man even optical is outdated, laser mice is the new thing, I've got a MX 1000 and a MX something else from Logitech, both are damn sweet for gaming.

16. iamlegend

...I like chocolate mice ::)....

17. Seph

words of a true non-pc gamer. :p

18. iamlegend

Well being true is better than being false isn't it... ;)...pc gaming just doesn't appeal to me..you dont have to list all the pros of the pc or the cons of consoles (there's one con in console...heheh.. :-\ pathethic i know..).I just prefer to sit down in front of the tv and play my xbox anyday...then at night..out comes the laptop..by which time im too tired to play anything other than SNES rpg's...

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have an 800dpi optical with 5 buttons for my laptop, that cost me about £4 several years ago. At home I have a Logitech G7 gamers mouse and that rocks, although I've no complaints about my 5 button optical :)

20. Spyder

Spyder Guest

Yeah, it's funny, everything is outdated by tomorrow :p