1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need help with Minecraft

Discussion in 'PC' started by treec_cynda, Feb 12, 2012.

1. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

I got the game about a week ago and I've figured out most of it (note MOST not ALL). I have three problems, two of which are actual problems, and the third I just need ideas. My save file is Creative mode.

Problem A: Right before I got the game, I saw someone using a minimap. I could really use one of these but I can't figure out how to turn it on.

[SOLVED]Problem B: Here is a picture of the hill on top of my underground house:

[​IMG]

Notice the huge waterfall to the left. This is the result of a failed attempt at obsidian farming and threatens to flood my house. I need it removed and can't figure out how.

Problem C: In my house I have

a main room
    [​IMG]

a portal to Hell
    [​IMG]

and a save room.
    [​IMG]

Across the hallway from the save room is a blank wall. What kind of room should I put here?

Thanks for answers.

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

place a block on the source of the water and i dont know much about the mods

3. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Will try, thanks.

UPDATE: The water idea worked. I used it to my advantage so I could put my save room on the main floor, with the fourth room being a stairway to the new basement. Now I just need room ideas.

4. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

Make a Crafting Room,And the only way to get a proper Mini-Map is by modding,Any other questions just PM me ive been Minecrafting since 2009 so i like to think that i i know 99% of the game

5. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

A - You could use a map without modding, but a minimap mod works much better. Especially for Creative.
    B - You can also scoop up the source of the water with a bucket. Anyway, why Obsidian farm in Creative?
    C - Statue rooms? A barn? I don't play Creative much...

6. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

A - Whatever, I'll google Minecraft mods. I want the Pokemon mod anyway.
    B - Waterfall removed. As for obsidian farming, I did it cause I forgot that Creative is unlimited resources.
    C - No comment.

7. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

make your world a server, if that's possible. i need a romu server again.

and sponge works in removing any water also, its the weird yellow block with black dots

8. MiseryLC

MiseryLC Guest

Creative is fun for a couple days, but everyone starts playing survival after a while. New world, nothing to worry about (except food, shelter, resources and all that stuff). X)

9. darkrequiem

A barn/ranch/whatever can actually be useful (in Survival). Plus, domesticated animals are cute (usually).

10. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

I'm in f***ing Creative, not Survival.

11. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

12. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I only use creative to design my machine blueprints,otherwise im almost always online

13. darkrequiem

14. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

The two minimap mods that I can name from the top of my head are Zan's Minimap and Rei's Minimap. Not sure which one of these float your boat, you have the freedom to choose.

15. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

UPDATE: Doesn't really pertain to any of my problems here, but I wrecked out my download trying to install the Pokemon mod. Note to self: Back up before installing mods.

16. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

I pretty much only play vanilla minecraft. I got bored of mods. I'll wait for the modding api before I bother with them again. -did some minor mod building-

17. jackfrost80

jackfrost80 New Member

;D ;) http://minecraftpioneer.enjin.com/ check it if you need help its a very good website that just was created