1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Most over-rated games

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Datanotfound, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

So what are your most over-rated games?

I'll start off with Halo. There are way better shooters than this, I have no idea how it got to be as popular as it is.

The World Ends With You and GTA: Chinatown Wars also didn't live up to their hype for me. They are both good games, just not the genre breakers people make them out to be =p

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Final Fantasy VII & all of it's spin off prequels & sequels and Final Fantasy X & X-2.

These games were examples of a company milking the success of an earlier game WHICH I by the way didn't really like at all.

3. Woolie1994

Woolie1994 Well-Known Member

Professor layton!!!!

nah just kidding :p

Uhm... let's see...

I got it!!! All the dora games, I thought they were going to be great, but they sucked ***!

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

LOL!

Dora? How could you like that annoying control freak kid!?

"Put your hands out in front of you & Pull! Pull! Pull!"

I don't wanna pull you little Biatch! :p

5. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

As much as i did enjoy FFVII (it got me into the whole RPG scene) i have to agree with Cahos. It's not by any means a bad game but it's been milked for all its worth and really needs to be left alone. I honestly don't see why this particular title gets so much appraise when i personally enjoyed FFIX much much more than this one. Hell even FFVIII i found to be better at points.

6. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

The "imagine" series games, there really isn't a lot to them at all.

7. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Halo series is possibly the most overhyped game EVER! It even went out of it's way to kill an actually GOOD series (Tribes)

Personally, I couldn't find anything good about TWEWY, but GTA:CW did live up to the hype in my eyes.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Halo: It's fun in short burts and it's a solid game but it's gets too much credit.

FFVII: Definitely not the best RPG ever.

Guitar Hero: Just because the name's there shouldn't mean it's instant buy (concerning GH3 and WT).

Little Big Planet: It's a good game, it just doesn't have infinite replay value like most people say, why? Because it's still the same game and game mechanics with little variety form going from point A to B. There was one level that had just puzzles and that was awesome but it wasn't enough to keep me playing.

Resistance: See Halo

GTAIV: How come stripping a series of it's soul, removing several things that made the previous ones awesome and cool and having below average multiplayer warrants a 10 across the board? GTAIV previous incarnations were MUCH MUCH better, including GTA1 and GTAII. Also Chinatown Wars is better than IV, I think.

9. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

FFVII: While it's the best at the time (by which, I was too young to realised it's there or know it, and got a N64), there are other games that are eventually better in storytelling, character development and game play. I won't factor in graphics, since it's a sign of the times. Good, but not in the 'BESTEST GAME EVER', more like one of the more influential games ever.

10. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy 7 so over rated well everyone the game has bad looks bad(I own it) they look like blobs and it sucks well most of it Sepiroth is fun when you fight him

11. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

it was the first 3d ff what did you expect in terms of graphics ::)

12. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

yes and no first yes because i like them because they were simple but no because if they were doing 3D which they were put more time in making the game

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

You're so clueless king_leo :p

For your obvious lack of information, that was how good you could get 3D back in 1996-1997 :p

Simple polygon structure was as good as it could get considering 3D animation was at its earliest stage back then.

14. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

Me thinks Spore was very overhyped :(

15. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Call of Duty games.. they're pretty mediocre, along with Halo and most other FPSs.

16. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Spore was over-hyped. I had SO MUCH hope for that game.

17. t8erman

t8erman New Member

Super Mario's whole vacation(tennis, basketball, golf, party, etc....) he needs to jus get back to work.

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree.

Spore had the biggest Hype relative to it's Actual Results to Potential ratio.

19. CameronJHayes

CameronJHayes Well-Known Member

Mario himself but I like the guy. Moma Mia

20. Pezpera

Pezpera New Member

Halo is one of the best FPS out, sorry to you sony fanboy.