1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mighty Number 9

Discussion in 'General News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Have you guys heard of this project by Mega Man's original creator Keiji Inafune yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1o0so4anc

Apparently they've managed to raise enough funds to produce the game and yet people are still giving donations.

Now this game when it comes out deserves respect and should not be pirated IMHO.

And it makes me wonder... what if this is the route other professional game creators take when the company they are working for has screwed with their creations for far too long?

Good and daring move in my opinion, but extremely risky.

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Risky indeed if it sells well capcom will be breathing down the neck of inafune

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Currently, Inafune and Rockman's fan base is breathing down Capcom's neck, especially now that Capcom replaced Rockman with Ryu as the company's mascot :p

4. Lea-Gamer

Lea-Gamer Well-Known Member

It's a real bummer how Capcom have pretty much taken Megaman away from his original creator, and shelved it.

On that note, I couldn't be pumped for might no. 9! I had heard of it, but I had no idea it was being made by the original team! Kudos to them for Kickstarting it; They've received over quadruple their original goal, so clearly they have all the support from fans they need!

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

[quote author="wikipedia"]The minimum Kickstarter goal for Mighty No. 9 was successfully funded on September 2, 2013, after only two days of the creation of the page.However, several other features including additional stages, special modes and ports to other platforms were confirmed after additional "stretch goals" related to it were achieved, increasing the total funds obtained to over 400% of the original goal.[/quote]

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iANf0ExRL50&feature=player_embedded

7. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

i really really regret backing this

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Release date: North-America- September 15, 2015
    Worldwide -September 18, 2015

Platforms: PS4,PS3,PS vita,Wii U,3DS,Xbox One,Xbox 360,Windows,Linux,OSX

some images :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this will be really promising for all the mega-man fans.

-from E3

9. Niflheim

still regret backing this

10. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention its going to be on steam/pc which i have i going to get it from to play. love rockman/megaman.

not like you spent the time, money and effort in making this game possible....but i wonder which you would regret more. that you are riding on it to the be the successful and it becomes a big flop, or that you believe it will be doomed to fail and it turns out great and leads to more future series.

11. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

12. Niflheim

uhhhh i spent $60 dude
    also i played the beta already and it's terrible so fat chance of it turning out great lol

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I can somehow see where you're coming from seeing you handed the developers $60 USD to back their game on KickStarter and now the game is priced only at $15-ish USD on Steam.

14. Blazemax

you can preorder mighty no 9 for $19.99 on steam. they also edit their system requirements so i might not be able to get it.....really dont want to buy a game that my system cant handle(even though i do like how the game works by the videos ive watched). Man talk about frustrating.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

$19.99 USD~!?

Gotta love 'em regional economic differences :D

As I said, here in my country the game is just a bit under $15USD, but even so I'll still hold out on buying because of the other more impressive game coming out in November.

16. Blazemax

Its to be expected, course i would LOVE to get games cheaper regional wise, but that clearly not possible(requires moving). What games are you waiting for(i ask cause i might want to play it)?

17. Niflheim

i don't care about that the game just sucks

18. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

-_-

19. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

It isnt even out yet as far as I am aware and it sucks? What.

20. Blazemax

Kickstarter donators are able to play the demo. its been mixed reviews so far, but by the video game play and all, still looks awesome, but sure its going to be challenging, its his handy work after all
    Also in fun news, he might be making a....um spiritual successor to rockman dash aka megaman legends series too. asking for 800K on kickstarter but if he gets over 1.3Million, he promises to make 7 games out of it.