1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mega Man Star Force 3 Black Ace, Hints on beating Diamond Ice please

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by mrsmes, Oct 9, 2009.

1. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

Ok so here it is, I am stuck in a boss battle with Diamond Ice I know how to use the cards but what ones can people advise me of using to lower the health of Diamond Ice until at least 80 HP so I have more chance of defeating her.

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Umm... get better cards? For me, I took it slow in the beginning of the game and got good (sorta) cards. Taking it slow is always a good idea because you build your experience.

3. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

like what type of cards, are they those penguin virus ones that do 100 damage?

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Befoe you fight her, you're walking around in an area right ? Try to get many tipe of card from that area.
    Or use electric type of card, when fighting her, you should be careful with her attacks especially when she summons Ice pillar.

5. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

well i don't want to loose track of where I am and go searching for cards only to find zennies, and being attacked and hp lost or recovered, and not even a card to show for it, for getting back to where i need to go to battle her and be weak with pathetic cards, honestly people how do you get those good cards?

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Just do a lot of battles and end it with a good rank. Try to collect 3-4 copies of each card you can find. You'll find the copies useful at times. :D

7. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Practice by battling the normal enemies, and you should be able to increase your ability.
    Don't forget to increase your max HP too

8. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

but i don't have enough link power and my max hp is currently 240.

9. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

You should have been strong enough to beat her with that much HP, this one is just the second boss.
    Which part is actually you have difficulty at ? You keep getting hit by her or what else ?

10. Avatar33

i beat diamond ice at i think i had 200 or 220 hp, and for me she was quite easy

11. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

hmmm... well the attacks she keeps throwing at me, in the game are sometimes always hitting me, and i can't avoid them and she uses those ice cube brick things as a shield and i need strong cards or a program to edit my save file to get me more hp so i can actually last atleast 15 seconds against her, with out screwing up and failing.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

If there's an attack you can't avoid then block it, otherwise evade the attack.
    The Ice block shield shouldn't be much of a problem, wait for an opening then attack either by lock-on or using range attack.

13. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

a program to edit my save file to get me more hp so i can actually last atleast 15 seconds against her, with out screwing up and failing. that would be handy so could you name any programs that can do that?

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Don't know about it, I'm playing it using pure ability.
    Are you sure you can only last around 15 seconds ? I never remember that she's that hard to beat.
    Last resort, go to gamefaqs and find the strategy and walkthrough you need.

15. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

oh come on all i need is more hp, so i need a program to help me last longer against her.

16. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

But 240 HP is much, and you can only get more HP when the story progress.
    Another advice, train your playing skill.

17. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

your right, but i am no youtube player like person who manages to get all the right cards needed in a few seconds and takes out the boss in a matter of seconds so what advice is their for me if i am not like those guys that make the walk throughs on youtube.

18. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Listen, I don't mean to insult here.
    The boss are there to test your skill and if you keep losing when fighting her that means you are not skilled enough, keep practicing by beating normal enemies and by practicing, I mean practice your playing skill.
    If you still can't win, another resort is to use cheats to win.
    That is all. Good luck!

19. hello48new

hello48new Member

Have you tried using the Y button to block her attacks?

20. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

i might give that a try.
    edit: pfft that only got her down to 300 hp and me down to 80 hp.