1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mac or PC?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Born2killx, Feb 4, 2008.

?

Mac or PC?

1. Mac (Apple Computer)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The title explains itself. I'm too lazy to rewrite whatever I wrote last time.

2. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

PC all the way!

3. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

PC for me!

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

pc, obviously.

who's the dude who chose mac?

5. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Steve Jobs. (I dont know if thats how you spell his last name)

6. Born2killx

Yeah, I think that's it.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Steve Jobs? I've heard that name before.

8. Born2killx

He's the CEO of Apple, Inc. The creator of the iRack.

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

PC >.>

too lazy to rewrite my comment.....

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

what? steve jobs is on romulation? where? where?

now. seriously. who's the guy who voted for mac?

11. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

Hardware that isn't open is a waste of time. You can now run OSX on a PC and dual boot with a version of windows. PCs are also much more versatile, with a LOT more programs and solutions available for Windows and Linux. And pricing is a very important factor: why pay three times as much for a system that is half as useful? The largest selling point of the Mac is that you can be 'cool' if you have one. I'm not trying to say Macs suck, they do what they are made for very well, graphics and multimedia, it's just that in other departments they are sorely lacking.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

running OSX on a PC is very much hit or miss, it has an incredibly low success rate due to the large variation in hardware configurations that PCs can have. Macs, on the other hand, are all very similar if not identical in hardware configuration.

13. adrelith

I was just saying it was possible is all. And it's a lot more successful these days with the newer PC hardware. I have no trouble on my PC. But you're right, and I'm not saying that it's the only reason PCs are better. I would choose a PC even if it couldn't run OSX - it's just a bonus. Also, the monopoly that Apple have on their hardware make it a lot more expensive, like I said in my last post, but also much less competitive compared to PC components. Not so much processors and the like, but extras such as specific graphics and sound cards, TV tuners and other add-ons.

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well you dont need all that trouble just to run OSX in your PC....my friend moded his window into OSX which kindda trick me into beliving he is running OSX in his window....

IIRC its just a theme mod....

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It would likely be the OSX transformation pack.

16. adrelith

True, but simply having the look of an OS isn't very useful. It's being able to run the applications that are specific to that OS, and the features that come with it, that are the real benefit of being able to run OSX on a PC. You have a point though, it is a lot easier to just change how Windows looks than actually go to all the effort of install a dual or tri boot system.

17. wiirdos

wiirdos Member

MACs are all good fun for a while, nice smooth interface and everything. But in the long run... :p there just not real computers. If you want bigger
    hard drive, you have to go buy a new one. If you want to do any upgrades or hacking or anything, you need to know how a MAC is built inside out. Plus MACs CAN'T PLAY ANY GAMES! besides wow...
    PC for me all the way! much happier! :D

18. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

I like PC better......can't imagine my life without playing games I love......

19. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

PC, its more user friendly to me...

20. AetherMaster

AetherMaster Well-Known Member

PC. Every Mac I've used was slow as hell. It was very hard to get used to the OS. I know that Macs are good for digital picture editing, as Pixar uses Mac computers, but that's about all they're good for. Good luck finding programs that run on a Mac. :p Plus, a PC is SO much easier to use, and MUCH more user friendly. My PC has frozen twice, maybe three times, but the Mac I used practically froze once every minute. Apple should've never started making computers. The only things I like from Apple are the iPod and the iPhone.