1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Low Spec PC Games???

Discussion in 'PC' started by someirishkid, Aug 31, 2009.

1. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

OK, so I have a laptop, an Acer Extensa 5230E, 3GB RAM, Vista Home Basic. The graphics card
    (if you could even call it that) is an Intel 4500, so it's not that good:(. I've been playing TES: III Morrowind and Halo Combat Evolved for a while, but now I need a new game. Any suggestions that will work on my laptop? ???

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm not too sure on this but you can try FEAR.

Although I don't know if it'd run so check out system requirements lab.

I'm pretty sure if FEAR works you can play the sequel, FEAR 2 is good for optimization.

3. someirishkid

Thanks, I'll check that out. But really i'd like to steer in the direction of Role-Playing. But ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE OK. ;D Keep the replies comin PLZ

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I've heard the Neverwinter Nights 2(?) is pretty good, I wouldn't know, as I don't play a lot of RPGs, but it's similar to Diablo. (Don't quote me on that)

I'm pretty sure you can run it since Halo is a huge resource hog.

5. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I doubt NWN2 would work but go for NWN1. It's still a fantastic game. Dungeon Siege 2 is pretty good.

6. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

yeah.

furthermore, NWN1 is way better and have better storyline compared to NWN2.

7. Raven1992

Raven1992 Well-Known Member

I recommend a few of the following, all low specs
    Deus Ex - very good fps cross with rpg
    Diablo - Action Adventure RPG
    Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines - Great vampire themed action rpg from third person and first person perspective
    Thief series - incredibly stealth games; minimal rpg elements, but it's incredible series anyway with low specs
    Erm, you've already got Morrowind... haven't played Oblivion myself although I want it X_X
    Any of the main Fallouts are great rpgs: Fallout 1 and 2 are way more rpg then f3, but it's turn based combat and stuff which may take awhile to get used to (as opposed to the typical turn based battle system in games like final fantasy, or click combat in games like diablo)

8. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Vampire: The Masquerade, you should definitely look into both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. They are simply awesome. And if you really want to do the RPG thing, Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale series and Arcanum are all amazing too.
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein is decent too.
    Black & White is a pretty cool strategy game where you play as a God.

9. someirishkid

Wow, I'll have a look at the KOTOR games, they sound good and I've seen pretty good mods for them. Halo doesn't have much good mods, I like games with mods :p which is why I was into Morrowind.That game has like a million mods ;D. Thanks PPL, keep the suggestions coming!

10. Raven1992

Raven1992 Well-Known Member

Hey mister someirishkid, did you play the 5,000,000 vampire mods for morrowind XD
    most of the time I;ve been playing it it's been with about 10 different vamp mods. haha!

yeah, kotor is supposedly epic :( pity i havne't gotten my hands on any of them -_-
    Damn typos. Can't be bothered fixing them. Need coffee. *Dies*
    Erm, I'm SURE there's a lot of RPG's on my bedroom pc (which has like, no grpahics card :D:D:D) but I can't be bothered getting up lol. I Remember playing Sacred, that was like diablo; hack and slash rpg. Fable's an okay rpg; way overrated, and tehre's barely no rpg in it at all.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I doubt you can play oblivion on that system, my laptop struggled and it has a dedicated ATi x700. as far as FPS games go, half-life and opposing force can run on just about anything and they're good.

12. someirishkid

What's Opposing Force like? I've never heard of it before.

13. Loonylion

Its half life from the viewpoint of one of the merceneries called in to kill gordon.

14. someirishkid

Are you saying it's "like" the view from a marine, or it IS a view from a marine ??? :p

15. Loonylion

you are one of the marines.

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Urban Terror.

17. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

How about...
    -The last remnant(Oh, don't. It's very heavy)
    -Demigod?(Oh....don't)
    -The Sims?
    -Red Alert 3?

18. Loonylion

red alert 3 is probably too high spec, but 1 and 2 work.

19. someirishkid

The Red Alert series is Real-Time-Strategy, right? I've tried different RTS games before, but I still think Age of Empires II is the all-time best. It's timeless, and it works fine on low spec PC's, which makes sence considering it was made in '99.
    Anyway, keep the suggestions coming ;D I NEED A GOOD GAME!!!

20. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Try Disciples II and Heroes of Might and Magic III & IV (especially III), they will surely work on your laptop, and are very good games. If you are scared of low resolution, pick Disciples II Gold Ed. , it supports resolutions up to 1200*800 :)