1. This forum is in read-only mode.

less fortunate?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by calvin_0, Aug 21, 2010.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

people who run charity show for begging people help on behalf those who is less fortune is indeed noble, but thier need to learn between less fortuned and pure stupid.

someone who mess up thier life because they are stupid doesnt mean they are less fortuned.

family with children who have large medical bill is less fortuned, but a guy who cant provide for his family because he cant keep his dick in his pant is not less fortuned, since he can live a normal live if he can just stop F-king his wife.

people should stop helping them and start helping those who is really really less fortuned.

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Are you saying stupid people aren't less fortunate than those of us blessed with genius?

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I... I just...

What the fuck?

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Oh man, oh man. I fucking laughed so hard irl.

5. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Overpopulation is the biggest issue in developing countries.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

More so in third world countries.

ROFL! I know right, Calvin surely surprised us with this topic & his epic post.

I do get the gist of his post though.

Being mis-fortunate because you fell victim to mass lay offs because the company/factory you were previously working for went under is indeed understandable. So are victims of a major disaster, just like those mis-fortunate folks in Chile, China & Haiti who were ravaged by those Earthquakes. But people who may or may not already be mis-fortunate (due to poverty &/or disaster) who do nothing to help themselves is another story entirely.

In this case, Cal is hitting on the issue of over population, which not only arises from lack of information, but also is caused by the meddling Catholic (& Christian) church. My country is an example of this. We are over populated not only because of lack of information (& at times even mis-information is also a culprit), but also because the church doesn't want to keep its effin' face out of the Government's way in dealing with the issue at hand. To this day, they keep on blabbering about the immorality of contraception & abortion, even if it is very evident in the media (through news articles) that a majority of the current populace do use condoms & un-wanted pregnancies being aborted with the aid of pills &/or underground practitioners of abortion.

7. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i also hate people who live off benefits

8. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I know. I hope the government burns to the ground for giving the unemployed free lunches and sending them checks so they won't be homeless.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Some people have no choice. Benefits are there to help the people that need help through no fault of their own. Also through no fault of their own, in some countries it is virtually impossible to get off of benefits. My sister has recently been told to stop work by the government because her job (lunchtime supervisior at a school for 5-11 year olds) pays more than they will allow her to earn while on benefits, and doesnt pay enough to live on. Rather than taking the logical approach, which would be to reduce her benefits by the amount she earns over the permitted amount, they issued an ultimatum: stop work or lose all your benefits. She has no degree and has had no luck getting a job elsewhere (she's a qualified teaching assistant).

Similarly, I have an honours degree and cannot find a job anywhere. The fact that I'm on benefits prevents me taking up part time or short term contracts, because part time doesnt pay enough (but too much to retain my benefits) and I'd be in shit after my contract ended because once you're off of benefits you can't go back on, so I'd have no income whatsoever unless by some miracle I was able to get another contract elsewhere.

10. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i mean those who ave a choice

11. Suiseiseki

Technically I live off benefits, and technically I have a choice. I'm a full-time student, and though I have the option of working it's both difficult to find a job and it runs the very real risk of interfering with my study. Yeah, some people manage to pull it off. I can't.

12. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I hate foreigners who come to this country and claim benefits.
    In my opinion only british citizens should be entitled to money from british taxpayers.
    wtf has some foreign guy got to do with the way MY money is spent!
    I would rather burn it then give it to them when our country owes billions and the NHS, police, schools etc are all massively underfunded.
    Rant over. :)

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

when I started university we were advised not to get a job, and they said if you do get one, work no more than 14 hours a week and quit before you start your final year of study, otherwise its guaranteed to affect your grades.

14. Suiseiseki

That's the gist of it. Since student loans here don't come with interest it takes the pressure off somewhat. That said, there's an agency that looks for jobs for students. We're actually encouraged to work during uni by the government in the student loan information books.