1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Lazy Shell - Super Mario RPG Editor

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Not exactly emulation related perse, more on ROM Hacking/editing to be exact.

This utility practically lets you do any kind of modification to Super Mario RPG you can think of, sounds awesome.

http://www.romhacking.net/utils/595/

So are we gonna expect a Super Mario LUEshiRPG game soon? By the way Super Mario LUEshi was very hilarious.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That's cool, I'll have to try it out later after I find my ROM copy. Sounds like you can edit nearly everything.

3. Ter

Ter Active Member

I'm actually using this right now. Although the scripting features are somewhat more complicated, I find them to be easy to pick up since they're pretty similar to event programing in RPG Maker.

Right now, I'm working on a difficulty hack, which includes at least 6 custom bosses and a few new equipments. The purpose of the hack is to make it more difficult by buffing up enemy stats and nerfing every equipment's stats by 5 or less (With Lazy Shell armor reduced by over 100 stats).

The only thing left for me to do is to script my custom bosses into the game and have people test various areas to make sure they're beatable at those point without abusing save states. Anyway, when I'm done with my current hack, I'm gonna do a makeover hack, featuring Luigi and Daisy instead of Mario and Peach.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

How about replacing Mallow & Geno with Luigi & Daisy (or maybe Wario) instead? I never really liked those two characters because they were "alien" from the Mario scheme, even though they have great abilities.

5. Ter

Ter Active Member

It's going to be pretty complicated since it'll probably require a lot of outside hacking, because Lazy Shell currently isn't capable of changing weapon and spell animations for weapon/item/spells/characters. I mean, it's going to be really weird to see Luigi turn into a cannon (Or some messed up sprite) and Daisy doing a short hop with her bottom half of the body cut off (Or again, some messed up sprite) when they use Specials.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Erm I guess so, lol Luigi transforming into a cannon ;)

7. Balok001

Balok001 New Member

ok thats awesome