1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Last Window:The Secret of Cape West [Hotel Dusk 2] Fire Alarm issue~

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by FruityPancakes, Jun 3, 2011.

1. So I finally got the game and started playing it excitedly yesterday and again this morning,then this happened:

I got about halfway through chapter 2,to the point where Kyle pulls the door handle downwards and triggers the fire alarm.I go over to the fire alarm control panel/box and see two switches.Apparently,you're supposed to pull both switches off at the SAME time.

This wouldn't be an issue for me,if I were playing on an actual DS or had a real copy of the game.But I'm playing it on DeSmuME 0.9.7.;and I'm pretty sure it doesn't let you duplicate a mouse arrow. -correct me if I'm somehow wrong,though,by all means-

So is there any fix or workaround for this? Whether it be by changing a setting on the emulator or elsewhere?

Thank you so much :3

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Read this, its been a long time since I've finished the game, so I vaguely remember how I complete that puzzle,
    but the method is almost similar to one of the puzzle from the previous game, which is by dragging the mouse up, pause the emulator, and then move to the other switch and resume it again,
    or try moving the mouse between the switches up, and if you're lucky, both switches should be pulled at the same time, and Keep trying until you succeed.

3. Thank you! This worked amazingly!

I got both circles to appear with the frame speed function,paused,moved the mouse between both switches,unpaused,and pulled them both.That simple! I wish I had thought about it a bit more xD

I swear they put this puzzle there strictly as a anti-piracy/emulator measure :p

4. Omar La Classe

Omar La Classe New Member

Well I Don't Really Get It Could Please you tell Me How You Did It In Details ( Even small details ) I Really Want do continue the game .