1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Is it possible for an Antivirus to not detect a virus

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Icarus007, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Icarus007

Icarus007 Well-Known Member

My best friend Downloaded a cracked version of minecraft one week ago. And right when he clicked the launcher a message popped up .It was demanding him to download this file in this link . It opens internet explorer.And does not allow firefox to start along with stuff like notepad,calculator,cmd,etc.The "virus" is not being Detected by his antivirus. How can You remove such a virus ??

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

either its malware, in which case AV won't detect it because you need an antimalware tool, or his AV doesn't recognise the virus because its out of date or doesnt have definitions for it, in which case he needs to update it or find a different AV.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

For this kind of problem your best bet is to seek professional help at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

4. Icarus007

Icarus007 Well-Known Member

Thanks A lot Cahos ;D
    Post Merge: [time]1381320373[/time]
    ThanksA lot Loonylion ;)

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just a small advice when asking for help at BleepingComputer...

Avoid this guy whose username is "Gringo". If he replies to your "Help required in removing a virus" thread, kindly ask him to step down and wait for another person to help you. Reason? He always gives out this shitty speech regarding "torrents" being the primary reason why one gets virii in the first place and all the usual gobbledygook regarding the illegality of online piracy.

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I had a virus twice with avast, don't know why but it should not do, one of romuniverse no joke , and one of a ROM information site fake Police virus that encrypted half of my files in seconds .

Ever since I bought A new HD and reused avast not had an issues sine, I assume the old HD must have bean getting corrupted allowing the viruses though... maybe ??? .

Yes it possible they may slip though.