1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hotel Dusk - Room 215 Suitcase Problems

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by g@l1h, Aug 19, 2009.

1. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing Hotel Dusk using NO$GBA 2.6a and No$zoomer 2.3.0.2.

Right now I'm on the part on chapter 1 where I have to open the suitcase, when Louie brings the package I'm supposed to get the wrong package but somehow I always get the right package for Hyde.

And after that I'm stuck I don't know how to open the Suitcase because I can't get the Thick Wires, can someone help? ???

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

There's a paper clip on the desk near the bed. :)
    Adjust it and you get the thick wire.

[BUT!!]
    You can't proceed the game after that..The package that was placed on the bed can't be opened...
    Even with no$zoomer 2.3.0.2... :(

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

No I already used the paperclip, and I can open the package on the Bed.

But I read on every other walkthrough that the package I received from Louie is supposed to be the wrong package (not the package for Hyde). And then you get a notebook and go to the front office, and another cutscene appears.

But since I got the right package (for Hyde) the story doesn't move on anymore and I can't open the suitcase. This is where I'm stuck. :-[

4. meganova

Oh,
    At first,the wire is to small or broken isn't it?
    Then, you need to find other wire to open it..Is that what you mean?

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Take the pliers from the toolbox in the linen closet and use it to snip off part of the coat hanger next to the door in Room 215. Then you can use that to open the suitcase.

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Yes, after that I got out of the room and talk to Melissa (the little girl), according to some walkthrough there should be an event at the front office but there's nothing happened. The real problem came from the package. I guess it's because I'm using an emulator :(

By the way the Linen Closet is locked

7. NotForSale

NotForSale Active Member

Dang. I played this not too long ago, so I wanted to feel like the hero. Dx

g@l1h, this guy is right.

About the package, you are supposed to get the wrong one. If my mind serves me right, the cutscene (this may act as a spoiler) at the front desk is about the man calling in saying he got a wrong package too, and will be willing to hand it personally to you. When that happens, at your room, you can be nice (he will give the package to you) or mean (he will instead drop it off at the front desk).

The linen closet becomes accessable when you hear something down the hall, and it turns out to be one of the staff members hiding, looking at a magazine.

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

That's exactly my problem. I'm supposed to get the wrong package.

I even try to play the game from the beginning again, and I always ended up getting the right packages.

Maybe I shouldn't play it using emulator. :'(

9. meganova

The event in front of desk will only take place after the package have been opened.The problem right now is...
    You can't click the package...or try any means to open it...when you click it..other things will respond...
    The problem is the emulator... :)

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I can open the package, when you examine the area try clicking on the bed.
    That should allow you to examine the package

11. meganova

Is it?
    But when I clicked it.
    Other things opened...
    A box contain some paper..and 2 other things...hmm....

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

That's the content of the right package.

The content of the wrong package is a brown notebook or something, and Kyle has to go to the front desk to complaint, and there's should be some kind of event happening.

Since I got the right package I don't know what to do anymore....
    What about you Meganova?

13. meganova

I stopped the game,
    Because..just like I said..
    I can't click the package(on the bed) - when I clicked it, other things pop out(a box or case with a spray bottle in it, memo/receipt and 2 other things)
    I've tried to click on other place( on the bed,window-in hope for it to click the package.. :( ) but no luck.
    I've also talked to the little girl(in front room #219 - i think.. :) )
    and also go to the front desk ( in hope for something to happen ) but nothing..

And my problem is..how SHOULD i click the package on the bed..
    *sigh*

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Uhhh.... Meganova? The item that you just said, that is the content of the packages on the bed wasn't it?

15. meganova

I think not.
    Because when I click it,
    Hyde talked about something..
    The box/case popped out with the items...
    and if it is the package, there should be an event in the room to trigger the event in the front desk. :)

16. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

But Kyle said "There's a cardboard box on the bed" I assumed that it's the package that Kyle received from Louie.

17. meganova

Is it?
    because when I was dragging my mouse over the package the screen,
    the package wasn't highlighted.

18. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Yeah I know the package wasn't highlighted.

I just assumed it's the package because Kyle said about a cardboard box on the bed, and the only cardboard box on the bed is the package that Kyle received from Louie.

Man....maybe I should give up playing this game on the emulator.

19. meganova

We should wait for the next no$gba version to be released. :)

20. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

IF.... there's a next version. Still hoping though...

Well.... I guess that's about it. Thanks for the help! Especially you Meganova