1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hi, new bloke here who will need help, cheers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by angusangus, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

Hi all, a friend sent me here and said it was a great place to learn about the DSi and sticking games on it!!

I've just ordered two DSis for my young uns so haven't actually received them yet but as soon as I get them I'd like to put a card in (R4 or similar) and fill it with games for the kids.

I'm a typical bloke who runs headlong into these things, y'know buys electrical stuff and doesn't read the instructions!!!!

I just read 'Acekard2i setup for normal people' Is this the easiest guide to follow?

Is it possible to buy the complete package of card/chip etc anywhere?

Many thanks in advance!

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Hi Angus,welcome to Romulation.You will need

Acekard2i
    Microsd card
    And a way to connect the card to your pc(an adaptor)
    WinRar

See if you can get the cart from Dextreme,they do the adaptor also,and I think they do sell microsd cards,but only up to 2gb-theres bigger ones on eBay or Amazon(SanDisk).
    Hypnos knows how to set up your cart when you get it,just create a post in the Technical help/Non emulation help areas on here if you need assisstance

3. angusangus

Thanks for that LITM, Do I need to know what firmware version on my DSis first?

4. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

You can get your acekard2i from realhotstuff for 24$ (get it shipped in about a week) or find the workaround link for dealextreme and get it for about 13$ (shipping takes forever though......like a month). A 4gb microsd card is 10$ free shipping on amazon so I would get it there. I've always gotten my sds from amazon [= If you need more help you can just PM me if you want.

Oh yeah. and you should get the akaio firmware 1.5.1 when you get the acekard. it fixes like almost all the games for you so you can play them without having to go through the trouble of patching games yourself.

5. theunderling

Im not sure-as long as you dont install that update that blocks flashcarts I told you about.

You can start downloading Roms now which means you can get going straight away when your kit comes.I think you have 500 points and get 50 more every day.Each download under 50 points doesnt cost you points.

Have a look at these to start off with

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21445.0

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21995.0

6. angusangus

Are there any UK based dealers anyone could recommend, to get the acekard2i quicker?

Also, I'd never heard of this (my friend has an R4 card). Is the acekard better/well recommended?

Cheers

7. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Howdy! I use R4 but not for DSi, so I don't think I will be able to help you very much, haha.
    Take Care and enjoy the forums!

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

To the acekard question, yes.

The r4 brand is no longer safe, te original r4 WAS the best at it's time, but lack of updates...and all these fakes and clones cashing off it's name (like the r4i) means too much bother.

The acekard 2.i is one of the best you can get, but I can't help with dealers...I'm in Australia XD

And welcome to romUlation, please read out stickies, follow the rules, and if you ever need (more) help, just give us any and all info and we'd be glad to help :)

9. angusangus

Thank you. acekards it is then I suppose.

I know exactly what you are saying about reading stickies etc. I try to do that, but it's finding the one that is simple to follow and that suits my needs, i.e. for a brand new DSi

I'll keep looking, thanks

10. theunderling

Angus,if your desperate I can send one to get you started,but you still need the adaptor and a microsd.I have seen sites listed,but half of them are rip-offs.
    I would try to order from Dextreme,they have an option for quicker delivery for an extra $19.......

11. angusangus

Thanks LITM, just looking here: http://realhotstuff.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=acekard&x=5&y=8
    at the moment.

Will a 2Gb card do or would you recommend a 4Gb

Edit: sorry, LITM already suggested a 4Gb doh

12. theunderling

Can you contact me if you cant get the carts from Dealextreme and/or when they come as some people need to know for sure if Dextreme sell them cheers

13. angusangus

Wooo, don't spook me!!! They took my cash straight away via PayPal so I hope they have the carts!!!!

14. theunderling

No its not that Angus,its just they apparently removed the listing of Acekards2i's from their site on the request of Nintendo etc,so people now think they dont sell them and will have to go elsewhere.This happenned a couple of months ago and Ive not seen any confirmation by anyone on here saying that they have ordered them since,and received them.
    Ive ordered about 4 x batches of stuff from them before and never had any problems-its just the 2 weeks wait people get pissed off about on here.

15. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

There's confirmation that the site still sends out the carts from about a month ago: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200944&st=30

16. angusangus

Great, thanks fellers, fingers crossed.

As an aside am I right in thinking that the DSi games are about 5 - 6Mb in size?

I just downloaded a couple and was dead surprised!!

Cheers

17. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

Alright fella!

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

19. angusangus

Cheers guys BTW got a confirmation email from dealextreme so fingers crossed

20. Lomaha

Lomaha Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.