1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with softmodding xbox360

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by rell, Feb 24, 2010.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. U just got my first 360 and I would really like to softmodding my system. I hear that you can hack the xbox 360 disc drive. Is that true??

Thanks

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Why yes it is so very true. :)

Unfortunately, the only 360 expert I know of is on another forum.

I have never done a 360 before or else I could help you...I have only done DS/Wii/PSP..

If you want, I can give you some links. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I know that you need the iXtreme firmware, and something called Jungle Flasher I think...

There's WAY more to it than that. :p

3. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but m$ can track you down right? I mean it's very easy for them to catch modded 360?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Kinda.

And the source...

5. dragneon007

I think I'll just skip modding my 360 for now... I remember they update very frequently.
    I might as well use google for now, but if there is a 360 modder in this forum. like, how ace101 is to the wii, I hope he or she decides to make a quide for the romulation forums.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That would be nice. :)

You'll have to join EP if you want to know more about 360 Modding.
    Unless there's someone on here with the 360 like me with the Wii like dragneon said.

There's a treasure trove of information there for beginners.

7. dragneon007

EP? sorry I don'y mean to try to get off topic with the posters request, but whats EP? I'm sure this information can help even the poster of this thread.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's emuparadise.org. It is what introduced me to the Rom Scene. :)
    I still treasure it to this day.
    The forums is where that modding thing is for 360s that I posted above.
    They're an affiliate to RomU.

9. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Ive pretty much mastered the arts of hacking wii-psp-ds-ps2 and GC. But I have always heard of a way that people softmod 360s and have never actually seen or found out how to do this.I guess I could try ep but I dont really think there as noob friendly as romulation so I guess that leaves me one choice...GOOGLE :)

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's not really "hacking". It's really modding. You actually aren't finding exploits are you?
    If you are, then you're a hacker. But other than that, you're just modding your system from the work of a hacker.

EP is a very friendly site.

Maybe not as much, but whenever I have a question, they are very polite. Most anyways.

11. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

Well, I went through lots of trouble with this, let me tell you my story xD

I got my xbox Christmas of '07, I got the Halo 3 edition, and thought it was great, I learned about modding from a youtube video, so I decided to try it.
    I got my xbox apart (Pain in the butt) I got the drive hooked up to my pc (Another pain in the butt) and I started into the linux program needed to flash it, only to realize I had the wrong drive number, and it seems like it would be a very wise thing to do, but xbox isn't xbox without multiplayer games and the other features offered by xbox live, most of the xbox exclusives / xbox games in general are better with xbox live gold : p but do your proper research, and make sure you have the right kind of disc drive before you do anything... if you want me to help you figure out your drive version, then PM me, but until then, Happy modding!

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Actually from what I know, ALL drives are compatible if you use the right flasher and firmware.

13. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

It all kinda depends on the drive, some drives need a chip, some don't, and some are easy to flash, and others aren't

14. rell

rell Well-Known Member

ill look more into this when i make it home. at the hospital æ