1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help with download games to PSP 1000

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by maggiemaymay, Dec 26, 2009.

1. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

On the advice of hYpNoS, I should ask here.
    Firmware is 3.90m33, I don't have a pandora battery, and it's a 1000.
    I'm trying to get Myst to work. I get the files myst.cso.0, myst.cso.1, and myst.cso.2. I don't know how to combine the files. Did an extract and tells me cannot open file as archive. When I put it on my PSP, it tells me corrupted data.

Downloaded Assassins Creed Bloodlines and did an extract and got PSP_GAME folder and UMD_DATA file. In PSP_GAME folder, I get SYSDIR and USRDIR directory with a whole bunch of little files but no cso or iso file. It's the same for God of War, Diabolik, and Harvey Birdman. I tried to convert these files to iso using magic iso but tells me limit is 300mb.

hYpNoS suggested UMD GEN but don't know how to use it.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The reason you have got the files with Assassin's Creed game is because you extracted the actual ISO file (winRAR will do that) and you got the contents of the disc.

The first game, I can't answer without knowing what the files were when you downloaded them. A site like pspisoz (where I get most my PSP games) offers them in split winrar archives, and you jsut download all the pieces and extract the first one and it combines them all into one ISO (or cso).

3. maggiemaymay

I got Myst from pspisoz and I cannot extract them.

I tried extracting AC with 7zip and I get the same thing, no cso or iso.

4. xXGuydoXx

xXGuydoXx Active Member

For Myst: Google HJ Split. Use that to combine your .0, .1, and .2 files. It may work. It's my best guess.

For the other game: Create a Data Disc DVD with your favorite disc burning software. Put that DVD in your PC and rip it using a ripping software, OR create a disc copy using software and find where it store the temporary .iso on your hard drive and copy it. I did the latter when I accidentally burned a Socom ISO onto a disc instead of putting the ISO file on the disc. I used that method to recover the file and it works on the PSP. ;)

5. TirithRR

Myst from pspisoz is a three part RAR. Extract the first part with WinRAR and it will automatically combine them into one file (you need all three parts in the same folder).

And I just downloaded the Assassin's Creed game on pspisoz. Inside the RAR archive is Assassins Creed Bloodlines [USA].iso
    PSP_GAME and UMD_DATA.bin are the contents of the ISO when you extract the ISO, only extract the RAR file you download, and use the ISO.

It seems that what ever you are doing to extract them is wrong. Get WinRAR and try again.

6. maggiemaymay

Downloaded WinRAR. Downloaded the 3 Myst files again and they are not WinRAR files. Downloaded AC again.

When I unzip AC, it's another WinRAR file inside. Put that file in PSP and was able to get to first screen. Then I get error The game could not be started 80020148

When I tried to extract Myst file, they are all in same directory, I get error No archives found in selected files and folders

7. TirithRR

The problem is AC is your firmware is outdated 3.90M33 is very old, to play the newest games you will either need 5.00M33 and patches or update to 5.50 GEN D. And it is not another WinRAR file inside, it is an ISO file. Your computer just associated ISO files with the WinRAR program.

For the Myst game, try what Guydo suggested, and use HJsplit to join the files.
    http://download.cnet.com/HJ-Split/3000-2248_4-10550268.html?tag=mncol

8. maggiemaymay

I had to rename .0 to .001, .1 to .002, and .2 to .003 because HJ split can't find the files. I put the single file in PSP and it's not there. Is it because my firmware is too old?

If I go with the higher version of firmware, is there any chance I could completely screw up and thus making my unit useless? I'm scared, lol.

If I succeed with new firmware, does that mean I can play all games in PSP and PSX from pspisoz?

9. TirithRR

You have a PSP 1000, so there is always going to be a fix regardless of what happens, your PSP will never be completely broken. You will just need a pandora battery if you ever break it. (They are very cheap).

Updating to the latest firmware will let you play just about every PSP game available.

10. maggiemaymay

Cool, thanks for your help. The unit we bought it from included a 1GB memory stick. Can't even put God of War on it because file is too big. It's also multiple WinRAR files so can't even test to see if it works. Husband went to Future Shop and Staples to try and find an 8GB memory stick and they are all sold out.

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Rename the files to "myst.part1.cso", "myst.part2.cso", etc.,minus the quotes. Okay, compress all of the files, preferably .rar if possible. Now, select them all and extract them at the same time. You should have a single folder called "myst.cso". In that folder, you should have a single cso file. Try and play it on your PSP. Make sure it is in the ISO folder in the root of your memory stick.

12. maggiemaymay

I archived the three renamed files and it created a Myst.RAR file. Then I tried extracting files and it extracted files to itself, so nothing happened. Then I renamed files back to .0, .1, and .2 and extract again. Message No archive found. I even put the Myst.RAR file on PSP and it's not there.

13. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Compress them into separate files, sorry. Didn't word it properly.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Have you tried this before?

Messing with file names can wreck them, I done so before :(

This is what I thought.

I got the american version of assassn's creed from pspisoz, and it was in an iso file.

You may have extracted the iso by mistake-as winrar and 7zip can extract those.

I'm still figuring out if UMD GEN can rebuild psp isos :)

15. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I tried rebuilding isos through UMD GEN, did not work. IMGburn, however can. You need to select 'create image file from files/folders'.

I always mess around with the file names, and never had an issue with it. I had to a couple times, someone put '.3' in an archive file, and it wouldn't extract it properly, so I renamed to to '-3.rar' and it worked fine.

16. maggiemaymay

It created 3 separate WinRAR files when I archived them separately using WinRAR as myst.part1, myst.part2, and myst.part3.
    Then I selected the 3 WinRAR files together and put in same folder. It unzip back to itself, no new directory and no new file.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have a question for you.

When you got the files as they were, did you try extracting them while they were all in the same place?

Need to keep them together to work :)

Now I learnt something :)

18. maggiemaymay

Yes, they were all in the same directory and then extracted to same directory.

19. TirithRR

I've played around with the Myst download. I don't know what type of files they are.

20. maggiemaymay

Were you able to play it on your PSP?