1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help needed - Wifi not working on Ace3ds card

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by burako, Sep 7, 2013.

1. burako

burako New Member

Hello guys-

I have a problem here. I have 2 DS systems (a DS Lite and a DSi) and 2 flash cards (a R4i SDHC and a Ace3DS). I use the DSi with the Ace3DS, and the DS Lite with the R4i SDHC.

All games on my R4i SDHC can connect to internet. However, none of the games on my Ace3DS can. The weird thing is, I can connect to the internet from the DSi menu, but once I boot up the Ace3DS, none of the games can connect. I get an error "52100".

Any ideas?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. Make sure your router is set to WEP
    2. Your NDSL will surely run on WEP signal, but DSi and 3DS if not mistaken can run on WEP and WPA.
    3. Try deleting the saved WIFI WFC configuration in your Ace3DS, and re-search for the signal (WEP)

If you still can't, maybe the Ace3DS cart is faulty.

3. burako

burako New Member

Hi prectorian, and thanks for the rapid response :)

Yes, I forgot to mention, the Wifi has WEP encryption. My legit cartridges (Mario Kart DS, Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon SoulSilver) can connect to the internet, and so can all games on my R4i SDHC. The problem seems to be about the Ace3DS card only.

I've deleted and reconfigured the connection several times, both manual and automatic. In the end I can access the internet from the main menu of my DSi, but not from any games in the Ace3DS. I get a 52100 error.

I will try updating to the latest firmware. If that doesn't work, I actually have an idea. I've been reading about alternative firmware like Wood R4/TTMenu/YSMenu. Can these let me bypass the problem? If yes, how do I set these up? Any other solutions?

Thanks in advance--
    Post Merge: [time]1378586947[/time]
    Bump and update- the firmware on Ace3ds's website doesn't work on my card, probably because mine is an older card. The patch and the Wood R4 kernel don't either, so I'm out of options at this point. To further rub salt into my wound, my DSi system is struggling to connect as well. I get 52100 and 52000 errors. Yesterday, it was connecting normally.

Strangely, my DS Lite and R4i SDHC connect perfectly.

I'm annoyed and desperate for help now.

4. Prectorian

It then means your ace3ds is the problem, probably faulty. Since your legit carts can connect via the dsi. WOOD R4 is a secondary firmware. You need your ace3ds main firmware to solve the issue. WOOD isn't the solution to that issue.

5. burako

burako New Member

Well, damn. No possible solution?

6. Prectorian

Try deleting the WFC setting using a game that has ability to go online. Reset up the WFC after that. If it's still not solved, then it's very likely hardware issue, and issue with the PCB/chip in your Ace3DS. Thus that can't be solved, but need you to buy new cartridge as it would mean your Ace3DS's WIFI chip is faulty.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

surely the wifi chip is part of the console, not the game cart?

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Eh... not sure about this one.
    I thought it would be in the console as well (I've seen replacement Wifi chips on eBay) but maybe cards have them as well?

9. Prectorian

If not mistaken, flash cartridges runs at least 2 programs or more; PASSME and WIFIME, or something of that sort to do what it does (trick the console to think it is running an official cartridge). Somehow why I said this was in suspicion that the chip in the cart is faulty in relation to the copy of the WIFIME program in it. But I might be wrong about this, since yes the WIFI hardware itself is on board the console. But in his case, I doubt it is an issue with his console's WIFI hardware. Rather the program within the flash cartridge, since the other cart he mentioned hasn't encounter similar issue thus the likely hood of the issue due to the console can be ruled out.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I doubt flashcards have warranty. Maybe just get a new one...

11. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Active Member