1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Help me with sh*tty laptop :/

Discussion in 'PC' started by maruricki, Jul 20, 2012.

1. maruricki

maruricki New Member

Hi there,i've just recently received a birthday present from my parents and its a laptop;however its kinda crap coz i can't play the witcher 2 and diablo 3 :/

here's my spec(according to systemrequirementslab..com)

CPU:Intel(R)Pentium(R) CPU [email protected]

CPU Speed:1.3 GHz Performance rated at: 2.34 GHz-->this is dual core btw :/

RAM: 3.0 GB

Video Card: Video Ram: 1.3 GB-->i dont think that this is NVIDIA or ATI radeon :/
    3D : yes
    Hardware T and l: Yes
    Pixel Shader: 3.0
    Vertex Shader: 4.0
    Dedicated Video Ram: 64mb-->TOTAL SHIT
    Intel(R) HD Graphics

Directx: 11

Can anyone recommend me any good game for FPS,RTS and RTT?
    Post Merge: [time]1342798964[/time]
    oh and RPG as well ;)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it has intel integrated graphics, there are very few games it will play reasonably. (aside from old ones). 2.4 ghz is also very slow for the CPU, and most of the video ram is shared from system memory. It's probably an OK laptop for doing work on, but gaming is out of the question.

3. maruricki

maruricki New Member

any suggestion for that old games?i'm kinda bored man :/

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

what about playing NEWgames in about 2.93ghz with

win 7 sp1
    intel core2 dou
    2gb ram
    1024MB GeForce 9400 GT (XFX Pine Group)

5. Loonylion

That has a dedicated graphics chip and dedicated video memory, not a piece of shit that offloads all the heavy work onto the main CPU and system ram. It makes a huge difference.

The graphics chip is pretty old, but still fairly capable, and the system would benefit from more RAM.

6. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

how dafuq do i get info on my pc.i wanna impress you and i know i will end up having an old one .btw old games.what style do you prefer.as far as the fps i would suggest even doom 3 which was releaseda few years back and is quite the fps with horror in it.i remember spenting hours at the night with adrenaline pumped.as for real time strategy i would suggest the first total war games or even red alert or empire at war.also there are many new yet not with much requirements games that i bet they would be playable.but aside from pc games i would suggest you play some emulated ones such as nds/gba/gamecube and old console games :) if you own a controller that is able to connect to your laptop it will make the gaming experience even better :) if you got any more questions and you want some recommendations concerning old games feel free to pm me :)

7. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

can you tell me some specifications for new PC which can be effective for working and gaming ??

8. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

that is not a new laptop at all, good lord, they must have paid $200 for that thing

9. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

At least you can play WOLFENSTEIN!

10. Loonylion

the original one, not the remake.

dual or quad core processor at least 3.0Ghz, at least 4GB DDR3 ram, 7200RPM hard disks and a graphics card that is equivalent to an ATI HD5870 or better.

11. maruricki

maruricki New Member

football manager 2011 and 2012 is running fine in here,although i got crash for the witcher 2 and diablo 3 :(

oh yeah cs condition zero on low setting is fine in here as well as AOE 2 and 3 ;)

12. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

lol everything can run AoE.

13. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Condition zero on low settings??

that's... that's just 1.6 with a few tweaks, its a mod for a game that came out over 10 years ago... if you can barely run that, your machine cant play games.