1. This forum is in read-only mode.

harvest moon ds 1.1 gba connectivity?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Sensetsu, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Sensetsu

Sensetsu Active Member

hey guys i just recently bought a hard copy of the gba friends of mineral town game in the hope i could link it up with harvest moon ds 1.1 to get the extra characters(1.1 version since the bugs are fixed in that version) however i cant get the characters to appear the 1.1 version doesnt seem to detect the gba catridge(gba game runs perfectly when i start it up so thats not the issue) my question is there a way to fix this or do i have to use the original harvest moon ds, or buy the hard copy.

2. Sensetsu

Sensetsu Active Member

any one know?

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Are you using GBA console to connect to NDS console?

For the GBA console;
    What is your method of making it communicate to the DS? Just running both consoles and expect them to communicate? Have you any GBA Wireless Adaptor or Link-Cable? Not sure if the GBA original cart got on-board
    IR in it. I never own a GBA console before, so you will need to figure that out yourself.

On the other hand, for the NDS console;
    NDS flash cartridges don't support Infra Red communication, only WIFI (WEP encryption base).
    Only original game cartridges has on-board IR in it.

Don't expect either console to communicate via an emulator; none support cross generation console communication.

So go ahead and weigh you options; would you go for a peripheral for GBA or buy an original NDS game cart?
    It's totally your choice on which is more feasible to your pocket and what's easier to get at your local store/online.

4. Sensetsu

Sensetsu Active Member

i got the original ds so its got the gba slot built in, basicaly how it's supposed to work is you put the gba game in the gba slot(friends of mineral town) run the harvest moon ds game, the ds should automaticaly detect the gba game and the characters from that game will visit your town in harvest moon ds version every day and become marriageable characters, but unfortunately i havnt been able to get that to happen on the hacked version of harvest moon ds, (harvest moon ds1.1)

the harvest moon friends of mineral town is an original, the harvest moon ds game however is the 1.1 hacked version that fixes the bugs, i play it using my ace card 2.1

been wondering if its because im using 1.1, or if roms wont work with it at all and i need to buy the original game, in order to get it to send the characters over.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I found out something through researching for you;

According to Fogu: it seems that the EU version of the game has the GBA connectivity removed. So you'll likely need the USA version. And pretty much what you did is right; just insert the GBA cart into slot 2, and run the NDS game, it should auto detect and engage the event when you load the game.

Just so you know connecting the GBA's FMT or MFMT, can be done with HM DS and HM DS Cute. The event triggered will be the same; and it happens during festival days. Just make sure you don't try to marry the visiting character that comes to your DS town. Cause it'll make the game ends.

There are 2 kind of events that you can trigger (which you had mentioned);

1. Visiting friends from FMT (They'll come to the DS town; different character for every different day.)
    2. Bonus music record

Here's the info about what you can get from linking : http://fogu.com/hm6/chan1/gbaconnecting.php

As for method to do so (from another info source);
    1. Insert GBA's Friend of Mineral Town or More Friends of Mineral Town into slot 2 GBA
    2. Run DS's HM or Cute in slot 1 (Flash cart is ok!)
    3. Save the DS game while the GBA cart is in slot 2, and switch off
    4. You may now remove the GBA cart, and play on the DS as usual

From here on, everyday a character from GBA's version will show up (no need to insert GBA cart again). Some of them will bring bonus music record with them.

So those are basically the info that I'd collected so far, hope that helps.

6. Sensetsu

Sensetsu Active Member

ok that answers the flashcart issue, i think its not working because im using the modified version harvest moon ds 1.1, will try the original rom later thx mate