1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Graphic problems with some psx roms

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Korimuzel, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Korimuzel

Korimuzel New Member

Hi, I hope it is not something already asked over and again, but I'm having problems with some games.

I'm using windows 8, pc, with ePSXe 1.7.0, also called "KEN EPSXE"

The games that are giving me problems are for PSX/PS1:

Final Fantasy VIII, which literally does not work, I just see a black screen all the time

Front mission 3, Persona 2 - innocent sin, and persona 2 - eternal punishment: they both have a graphic problems in form of a lot of colorful lines that, appearing and disappearing rapidly, make the game difficult to play, especially for someone like me that is really sensible to light, it literally hurts my eyes... plus, P 2 eternal punishment presents black texts fonts, making me unable to read

the graphic plugin I'm actually using is pete's soft driver 1.38, that is also the only one that makes me able to play other games, like digimon world, soul reaver, persona revelations, xenogears and final fantasy VII
    I've also tried other plugins like peos soft driver, d3d driver, and "open gl" ones

I hope I'm not going against some forum rules, and I'm looking forward to receive good news from you, thanks in advance.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

final fantasy games need epsxe 1.5.2.

the gpu driver you use is dictated by your graphics subsystem. If it's integrated (primarily intel) then use pete's soft driver. If it's AMD/ATi graphics, then use direct3d, if it's nvidia use opengl.

Check the special fixes section of the graphics plugin configuration, that may have some relevant options, otherwise it might just be a case of fiddling with the settings until you find ones that work for each game. It's perfectly normal for different games to need different plugin settings.