1. This forum is in read-only mode.

got a major problem...please help me not get major fine!!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Tomoka, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

one of my "so-called" friends told my P.O about my pirating addiction -.-" so here's where the trouble comes in...in 3 days, he is coming with the FBI to search my computer for pirated software o_o i need something that will PERMANENTLY delete my entire HDD...like non-recoverable -.-" i know in cc cleaner you have the gutmann(i think) option for deleting files...it overwrites it 35 times...does that make it unrecoverable? and if so...how can i use that deleter like thing with my entire HDD?!?!?! no cc cleaner doesn't delete stuff you pick T_T

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Step 1: Internet people do NOT have friends. Find the rat and talk to your friendly neighborhood mafia, NAO.

Step 2: IN DOS type format drive (the name of your Hard Drive).

Step 3: Congratulations. You've broken your computer.

If this doesn't work, then microsoft may have disabled it, but I know it works for older PCs.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Swap drives and stash the offending drive away from the house if need be, works for me anyway its not like your hiding your pot stash so I doubt they are going to take time to tear your place apart to find it.

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...formatting only sets all information to be overwritten...so if i do that, then reinstall windows (cuz i need my computer -.-") they will be able to recover all the files...

don't got time to attempt to UN-solder it from the motherboard -.-" or time to get a new HDD -.-"

5. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Does your "friend" have a pirating addiction, too? Blackmail may help, though at this stage you might not be able to do much. You could at least threaten him into admittance that he lied to get you in trouble with the law (though lie detectors may prove that wrong...)

I could say find a virus (example: go to a rom site fifty pages down) but...

...as for the CPU itself, I'd think they'd be awful suspicious if they saw a computer with absolutely nothing on it. I'd move the whole damn thing as far away as possible, and get another clean one in your room. (a relative's, maybe your "friend's" if he's not a pirate, assuming you know him IRL.)

Also I'd temporarily move any hacked consoles or backups.

Good luck, don't let the fuzz destroy ya, and if they do, see to it that your friend gets it worse.

...damn, I'm thinkin like a criminal here...

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...i lieks that idea... and they won't be doing lie detector tests ^_^ glad someone here knows how to think like a criminal :p (which we all are :p)

7. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Can't they also look at your internet activity?

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hiding my IP address is really helpful ::)

and anyways, i only use torrents, and one of those guard things protects me! :p

EDIT!!! WOOOOOT CC Cleaner can use gutmanns technique to uninstall things, and delete files and folders!!!! WOOOOOOT!

9. MadmanNero

I am not a criminal...I am not a criminal...I am not a criminal...

[me=looks around the room][/me]

...damn.

10. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Your parole officer cares that you pirate, and is bringing the fbi over in 3 days? why would he tell you when he was bringing them over, that would give you enough time to destroy evidence. Someones not telling the whole story.

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

Destroy the hard drive. That or do a switch and hide the one with the offending material somewhere where nobody will find it.

Those are really your only options since there's a ton of tools that can be used to recover stuff.
    I also have to agree with this. Those guys don't give any sort of notice when they show up, they just do.

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'm no legal expert, but I don't really believe that the FBI would go after your common household pirate without direction from the copyright holder...

If anything, it sounds like your PO might be trying to scare you straight. Or your "so called friend" is going to be having a good laugh in a few days when you've erased your HDDs, destroyed all your CDs, etc. and he shows up at your front door with a big grin on his face.

Or the whole thing is BS all together.

Unless you are currently on parole for a piracy related conviction, and these people have already dealt with you in the past...

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've been Benboozled...

You can always use D-Ban to erase everything on your HDD and make it unrecoverable or whatever.

14. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Do what I do in future, store everything on an external drive.

15. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

REMOVE THE HDD

Then format it on an other computer of your friend.

And you said you formatted it every week? NOW YOU DO IT TWICE THIS WEEK.

16. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

LMAO....my P.O called saying he got an anonymous tip and that's why he's coming...and ya, i'm on "probation", not "parole", and yes it's for pirating T_T

and since only one of my friends knew i was on probation....IT'S HIS FAULT! i dunno why he told me...probably cuz i suck at destroying evidence T_T

17. MadmanNero

If your going to be a pirate your going have to also learn how to cover your ass, comes with the territory.

18. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

fire cures everything also get new freinds and lets be honest hes probably having a laugh

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Use D-BaN!
    You should also try to get a HDD that you've never used for shit. Go somewhere and hide your stuff too. Like in your wall or something. That'll be good. :D

20. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

...wtf? Hiding an HDD in the wall.....?

When you are moving, how are you supposed to get it out?