1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Got 10 games for $10

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by houstontx224, May 16, 2010.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Not usually a Game Crazy shopper but, since they are closing a few here in Houston I stopped by and sicne they have
    like 8 more days left of business I went in. All games like from $4.99 to $9.99 were 10 for $10 or like a $1.99 each. Figured why not. Picked up Crackdown, Strangehold, The Darkness, Mercenaries 2, Unreal Tournament 3 and a few PS 2 RPGS. So check in your local areas to see if Game Crazy is closing and get some deals.

HoustonTX224

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

I've never even seen a gamecrazy before so I'm guessing there's none around here at all.

Kinda sucks since I can't take advantage of stuff like that. :(

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I want that many games.
    [me=Stanley Richards]goes to look for game stores closing down.[/me]

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I know that some Game Crazy's were going out of business but I thought that was many months ago. I drove by one in a plaza in Florida that was going out of business and I was half-tempted to drop in to see their wears, however I have been to closeout sales before and usually the best and even good stuff is already nabbed. So I decided against it, not wanting to take the chance of crushing my hopes again.
    miros

5. houstontx224

Well, sorry you didn't stop in. I can fully understand not finding anything even on a clearance sale. Key thing is you'll never know
    unless you go in. Glad I did that day. Good luck and head over to the closeout can still be something there.

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

There is a Game Crazy in the next town, but its also part of Hollywood Video, and there are really no other good rental shops so I doubt it is closing unless they just close the game side and expand.
    Still might be worth checking into.

[EDIT]
    I guess the whole place may be going out from my research. Movie Gallery,Hollywood Video and Game Crazy.

7. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

i am wondering if they are in the netherlands xD

8. houstontx224

I forgot about that part..The movies..You're right Hollywood video is connected with GameCrazy (or at least just about always
    located next to one) The moives were on sale as well. I was just there for games...lol

9. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of PSP games hat are $10 in disc form

10. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I've never heard of Game Crazy until this topic came up.

11. houstontx224

Did a follow up trip to GameCrazy and since they'll be closing I believe Saturday being their last day. I saw maybe 1 or 2 that I'm
    still interested in. NHL 08 (maybe) and Kung Fu Panda (for my son) both games for XBOX360. Didn't really go thru the movies..I think it's all DVD's arelike $2.99. Going to give it it my final trip on Friday. Should be almost able to get it for free by then...lol Get to those
    GameCrazy stores people.:)

12. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I drove past the local Game Crazy Tuesday and sadly didn't have time to stop, but there was maybe 3 cars in the parking lot but the entire building looked dead, still had movie/game posters up in the windows (didn't notice any "Going Out of Business" or anything similar) but it still looked like I may have missed it totally and its already closed. :-\

13. houstontx224

Going to try to get in 1 final run to GC on Friday(tomorrow). I'm sure most of the good stuff is gone but, never know ..Yep , stil holding on that there may be something left...lol