1. This forum is in read-only mode.

God save the queen (drinking games part 2)

Discussion in 'Forum Games, Jokes & Random' started by equitypetey, Jan 3, 2008.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

don't know how this might work in other countries but it works here.
    this is how it works, all coins in the uk have the queens head on them so the game is very simple. you drop a coin it to a buddies drink. they then have to shout "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN" and save the queen from drowning by downing the drink.
    very simple very fun but you might have to adapt it for you own country
    sugestions?

2. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Anywhere you go, instead drop the persons entire wallet into a pitcher and they have to scream "DEAR GOD! WHY THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT!" And then they have to drink the entire pitcher.

3. equitypetey

i don't think that as much of a game but more like the start of a bar brawl

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

This game actually has a serious origin, dating back to Tudor England. In those days, being a sailor was a hard job, with many risks and little pay, so no-one wanted to do it. As the English Navy was very important in those days, they needed sailors, so a recruiting officer would go round bars, and look for people he thought would be useful in the navy. When he found someone, he would slip a silver shilling into their drink when they weren't looking, and they would drink and find the shilling at the bottom. As they had 'drunk the king's shilling' they were forced to join the navy. This is what press-ganging means.

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

American version:
    "God save George Washington!"
    "He's already dead..."
    "Oh yeah. You can have the quarter then."

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

im not sure id drop a coin into my perfectly good alcoholic beverage. I do however have a drinking game which involves a coin.

this game is called arrogance and has sat me in hospital (short story, trust me :p)

You start with a large jug, or vase in the middle of the table.
    Anyone who wishes to play sits around the table with their choice of drink.
    The first person then picks up a coin.
    Person one then pours an amount of his drink into the vessel, any amount, depending on how arrogant he's feeling.
    He then flips the coin and calls.
    If the coin falls off the table, or lands opposite to the call he must down the vessel.
    If the coin lands on called side, he passes onto the next person.
    Person two then repeats with his/her drink.
    If a person cannot finish the vessel they are out.
    If a person falls off their chair, they are out.
    If a person passes out, pour the mix into a bottle and put it aside, they must finish it in the morning. (only happened to me once :p)

if you ever reach 1.5L of a mix between vodka, coke, rum, bourbon, tequila, red wine, water and assorted pre mixes....
    I suggest you drop out.

7. equitypetey

sounds fun i'll give that one a go.

but got another one for you. not so much of a game but a way to have fun getting pissed.
    you need the song roxanne by sting or the cover by fall out boy.
    what you do is take a gulp every time the word roxanne is said.
    try it, its fun and actually realy hard to keep up with in the corus

8. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ lol yeah thats an old one, used to play that all the time, and that FOB cover can fukin die!

9. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

I know a game like that me and my buddies used to play its called "Moose."

Basically the same as quarters but with an ice cube tray. The object is to bounce the quarter or coin into the glass of beer.
    If you do, everyone will have to put their hands up by their ears and yell Moooooose!!
    The last one to do so will have to drink the entire glass to get the quarter back.

I'll let you check it out instead of explaining the rest of the details. Plus Wiki does an effin good job anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_(drinking_game)

10. equitypetey

not realy anything like quaters. you just make an agrement that if the coin goes in you drink. can get realy anoying if someone keeps getting you.

11. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

Fun and games Petey.

12. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

How is that not a fun game?

13. equitypetey

cause i'm sure that if you drop someones wallet in there drink it will be followed by a punch to your face or that drink on you
    "hey what you doing with my wallet"
    SPLOSH!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA
    "you c**t"
    THWAK!!!
    "aaahhhaaahhggg my nose"