1. This forum is in read-only mode.

F*cking Retarded Customer Support (Call Center Agents)

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Hi guys :(

For those of you who have noticed my almost three weeks of absence, my sincerest apologies :(

My tale of bewildered anger started on Wednesday June 2, 2012. It was around 10PM (my time) & I was supposed to log on to RomUlation.... however....

[​IMG] MY DAMN INTERNET WAS BUSTED!!! [​IMG] If that's a bit confusing let me explain. I actually had network connectivity but it was God awful slow & would disconnect in intervals of three to five minutes, then I'd have to either repair the network connection via control panel options or reboot my Wi-Fi antenna by disconnecting its power plug & re-connecting it after a few seconds. Then the connection either resumed, again for three to five minutes then get disconnected again, or it will remain without connectivity for a few more minutes & will take up a few more connectivity repair attempts before it gains connectivity for again only three to five minutes.

The worse bit of news is that I could not connect to external (foreign) websites like RomUlation as it took forever to load up the front page of the main site, or it ended with my browser not finding RomUlation saying that the link might be broken or is incorrect, yeah right buddy :p

At first I payed no attention to it as my ISP is very notorious for connectivity spikes such as these & there were times when my internet had gotten uber slow or even dead but it often "healed" itself in a day or two without you actually reporting it to customer support.

However, Sunday rolled in & my internet was still eff'd up, so by Monday morning I called customer support so it can be fixed. The guy at the other end said he'd already filed a report to my area's base station so the staff there could remotely rectify the problem. A day passed, then another by Thursday it was already three days since I called & my net WAS still eff'd up :p So by Friday I had to call them up again & follow up on my previous report. Saturday passed by then Sunday, by Monday morning (crack of dawn, around 2AM, my usual RomUlation log in time) I was starting to get really, REALLY pissed, but seeing it was the start of the week & I didn't want to ruin my week by starting it all agitated about some imbecile's stupidity so I waited 'til Wednesday June 16th to file another report & make it clear that it'd been two effin' weeks that my internet was messed up!

I rang my ISP's customer support number & I got really annoyed at the guy who received my call & this is a re-enactment of out bullshit conversation....

Guy at the other end hereby referred to as assface: Sir BEFORE I fill up the request for field technician call out to your area may I request you to perform the troubleshooting procedures just to make sure it's not something at your end?

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]Starting to get annoyed[/me]: Fine!

Assface: Is your browser's cache full? Maybe it's eating up RAM making your computer run a bit slow.

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]Blood beginning to boil in anger[/me]: Listen here douchebag, I have 2 Gig of RAM (me lying as I only have 1Gig of RAM) so don't tell me I need more RAM!

Assface: Very well then sir, did you try clearing your browser's cache, just to make sure.

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]Glaring at his imaginary depiction of what this asshole's face might look like & thinks of Barney the Dinosaur & Elmo from Sesame Street which then agitates him even more[/me]: YES! I CLEAR OUT MY BROWSER'S CACHE ALONG WITH OTHER STUFF IN MY SYSTEM USING CCLEANER INCLUDING CLEANING UP MY REGISTRY USING IT!

Assface: Have you checked for any malware or viruses in your system?

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]Wishes so very much that he could get his hands into the phone receiver so he can choke assface on the other side[/me]: I RUN VIRUS CHECKS EVERYDAY & AM VERY CAREFUL WHERE I GO ONLINE. SO YOU CAN SEE I'M NOT THE N00B YOU MIGHT BE THINKING I AM!

Assface: OK, everything seems to be in order, so sir can I ask you to try out rebooting your antenna.... just to make sure? ^_^ <- notice the smug smiley :p

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]Finally loosing it[/me]: OK LISTEN HERE ASSHOLE & LISTEN GOOD!!! I'VE DONE THAT OVER 9,000 TIMES NOW & MY WALL OUTLET IS NOW LIKE A SLUTTY WHORE'S VAGINA & STILL MY NET IS EFF'D UP. DO YOU REALLY THINK I'D CALLBACK LIKE THIS IF MY NET WAS ALREADY FINE, HUH!? DO YOU THINK IT RETARD!? I'M SICK & TIRED OF YOU ASSHOLE CALL CENTER AGENTS NOT DOING WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO. FILE THAT REPORT ALREADY & GET THEM FIELD TECHNICIANS HERE ALREADY!

[me=Assface]Quivering yet still composed[/me]: But sir, we are just following protocol, we need to check to see if your network connectivity is indeed out of whack ^_^

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza].......[/me]: EFF YOU & YOUR DAMN EXCUSES! SHOVE YOUR PROTOCOL UP YOUR PIE HOLE :p HERE'S MY SERVICE REFERENCE NUMBER THAT I GOT FROM ONE OF YOUR KIND, GO PUNCH IT UP ON YOUR COMPUTER & SEE HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN FILED.

Assface: Oh, this was filed two weeks ago :( I'm sorry for the inconvenience sir, but you see as long as you have connectivity, that is unless your internet is totally out it is our company's policy to NOT send in field technicians because it might not be something wrong with our equipment but rather with your setup.

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]......[/me]: OK ASSHOLE DO YOU THINK I HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH CONNECTION IT GETTING CUT OFF EVERY THREE TO FIVE MINUTES!? DO YOU THINK SOMETHING LIKE THAT IS TOLERABLE & ACCEPTABLE!? WHAT IF I WERE TO DOWNLOAD A BIG FILE, SAY 200MB DO YOU THINK I WILL GET IT DONE!? IF YOU STILL DON'T GET IT, MY SITUATION COULD CLASSIFY AS HAVING NO CONNECTIVITY AT ALL N00B!

Assface: No sir, having no connectivity mean you really have no access to the internet ^_^

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]Shouting at an even higher voice[/me]: *&!@#@!$#@*! i don't want to listen to anymore of your *!#@$@%* explanations, get your people here right now or i'll pull out my subscription to your damn company seeing you're no longer valuing us!

[me=Cahos Rahne Veloza]Slams the phone[/me]....

Two days after on Friday, my mom received a call at noon & she told me it was somebody from our ISP, they had fixed the problem & it seems the relay antenna from our area's base station was indeed malfunctioning. Then just yesterday a field technician Finally arrived & he did saw that there was obstruction in our antenna's field of vision. As things are setup, the base station is two kilometers behind our house, sadly behind our house is a convent & the areas is filled with tall trees. Unfortunately, you can't ask them to trim their trees seeing its "the Church's" property :p So the field technician had no other alternative but to raise the antenna's height as a suitable fix. Unfortunately, this presents three problems I'm forseeing.

1. Because it was raised ten feet up, I'm afraid it might act as a lighting rod if a thunderstorm happens to hit it unfortunately which will not only fry the antenna, but the lightning might run up my PC as I'm connected to it via wire directly. Very bad if that ever occured :(

2. Also, when a big typhoon hit I'm worried the antenna might be blown away :(

3. If our neighbor's trees grew beyond my antenna's height it would mean it would again be needed to be raised some more increasing the possibility of worry numbers 1 & 2.

So yeah, that's the reason I was away [​IMG]

Rollicking good time eh!? NOT!

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Don't you just love customer service anymore?

It's damn impossible to get anything done these days.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

@Nathan Drake: So true, & that fact that they act that they know better than you is even more annoying.

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Hey Cahos, first, welcome back! I really missed you and thats not sarcasm.

Second, that story always happens, it even has a youtube recording, remember? So, you're not alone. we also got that, and we are just mere feet away from PLDT.... so, if that ever happens again, don't blame the retards from customer service... you should go directly to PLDT if thats your plan service provider.

I even heard, they customer service loves it when you call everytime... and i think i saw somewhere that the longer you are connected to them, the more money they get... or maybe thats just for foreign callers...

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yup what you mentioned is for foreign based telemarketers, this is a different story. What is so annoying was that two years ago they were very reliable. This also happened back in 2008 but it only took me one measly call before somebody came over to check things out. Also back then when you report your connectivity issues they'd call back in a few days after it has been fixed to check up if things are still doing well. I'm going to wait & see if they do call back this time around to check up on me.

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

PLDC yeah customer services sucks in our country...

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I used to get the same thing with my previous ISP. They always said it was my equipment or tried to fob me off onto the telco that owns the lines (who would charge 3 figures just for coming out), and every time I sent them proof that it was THEIR equipment at fault, on several occasions even giving them a step by step breakdown of how to fix it, but they never did. their other argument was that there was nothing wrong, and that wasn't difficult to disprove either. They treated me like an idiot even though I told them repeatedly that I have a degree in networking and am a network engineer by profession. We even rewired the house telephone lines to prove it wasn't our end. Eventually we got so fed up with the intermittent and slow connection that we told them to stuff their service and changed ISP.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Even with degrees, most people in customer assistance assume...

-Your lying

-Your bragging and you may have made a simple mistake (I done this before-some guy who was apparently a manager at some kfc for 10 years trying to correct me, I won that argument)

-They don't care

Reminds me of me dealing with sony's customer service with the psn...

I sent them an email explaining the issues-though I did alter my story (I had dlc for my psp, hacked it, dlc stopped working, unhacked it, psp wouldn't let me download it, I just changed the story so it looked like an accident XD).

I told them what I had done exactly to fix.

And I told them because of several issues (kind of deaf, and I'm hard to understand over phones) that they reply via email and not the number...

They sent me a reply saying "call this number yadda yadda ya!" with a reference number...I was pissed!

I replied and told them my reasons for not calling.

They "tried" to help via email, but it seems they ignored what the original email said-they suggested what I already done!

So in the end, I worked out the problem (the support forum aren't much help since all of them don't have hacked psp's) and I got another psp just for the dlc...and to see what it's like on the other side.

Still I feel sorry for some of these workers...my mother is one, too many regulations and procedures prevent her from being intelligent when answering :(

9. Loonylion

Yeah, but my current ISP also know that and they treat me like a professional. I ask them a technical question, I get a technical answer. They've never once done the 'have you rebooted' bullshit with either me nor my father (his workplace also uses the same ISP) and the few issues we've had have been very quickly investigated and resolved with absolutely no fuss. They even provide an explanation of what their investigation found and what they did to fix it, and then check everything is OK a few days later.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got a good bunch...wish I dealt with customer service like that :(

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Happens daily

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Just when I thought everything's A-OK I came home last night (my area's time) & my net's eff'd up AGAIN!

Two years of loyalty & this is how they reward me :p

I think I shall reconsider changing ISPs with the other ISP I said I'd change to over a year ago which is PLDT's DSL service. The only reason I put it off last time was because they (PLDT) said that to be able to subscribe to their DSL services we (my family) had to apply for a new phone line which we feel is a total jip :p Couldn't they just change our phone line wiring & still let us keep the same account & phone number? I mean it's a totally stupid deal. One major reason we find this troublesome is the fact that my mom & Godmother's business contacts will have to be informed of the change of contact number. Our overseas relatives need informing as well, & this is the major stumbling block my mom & I are worried about as we have several relatives in the U.S. who call us but they do not give us their contact number/s so informing them of a change in number is something not worth considering at the moment.

13. Loonylion

you could have a second line put in?

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The other alternative, yes. We'll finalize our thoughts on this & in the event I don't come visit for an extended amount of time again that'll mean we've finally gotten rid of this ISP & got on the other.

15. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Wow, that is very detailed. Anyways, if you can diagnose some of it, they will help you a lot more. I think.

Either way, some Customer Support sucks...

as in a lot these days...

16. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

Can you tell the future then?

17. Loonylion

haha good catch.

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Dang! this is the second one I messed up on a post :p

19. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Sorry but I lolled so hard...

I've had that once.

[me=Yoshi2889]opened up web chat[/me]
    [me=Customer Service]has joined chat[/me]

Me: Say, how can I fix my net? It unplugs every 5 minutes. I've unplugged my internet stick for about 20 times now.
    Him: Sir, try unplugging your internet stick for 20 seconds.
    Me: Well, how about you fixing it before I ruin my night gets ruined fighting with the internet stick?
    Him: No sir, try unplugging it again.
    [me=Yoshi2889]starts to get pissed now[/me]
    Me: Ok fine I'll try.
    [me=Yoshi2889]dropped out: Connection interrupted[/me]
    [me=Yoshi2889]joined chat[/me]
    Him: Did it help?
    Me: No.
    Him: Do you have any problems with your connection?
    [me=Yoshi2889]starts to get angry now[/me]
    Me: How about you look into this chat?
    Him: Sir, I cannot help you from remote access
    Me: Where is this going...
    Him: You do not have any problems anymore?
    Me: DO YOU KNOW, I CANNOT LOAD ANY PAGE FOR ABOUT 5 WEEKS NOW
    Him: But sir, everything works fine here...
    Me: IF THIS IS NOT FIXED IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS...
    [me=Yoshi2889]closes chat[/me]

On topic:

I think you need to contact some other person...if you contact this one again I think you are gonna ruin your phone & internet router :p

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

hypnos hit the nail on the head
    its just a job that pays bills to them, they get 1000's of calls a week of nothing but people complaining