1. This forum is in read-only mode.

earth tremor

Discussion in 'General News' started by N3M351S, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

Anyone feel the ground beneth them shake this morning at 1:00am?? lol my bed started shaking like mad ;D thought it was exorcist sh1t lol. (happed in england)
    This was my first experience ever, it never happens in england Has anyone else been in this situation before?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I didn't notice it :p Apparently it was an earthquake measuring 5.2

EDIT: It also made CNN; the epicenter apparently was on the east coast of England, I live near the west coast (Northwest of Manchester for people who know England's major cities), and people in this city noticed, but I didn't. This far over, it woke people up and cracked a few picture frames but not much more than that.

3. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Damn, I want an earthquake. A weak one, that is. :p

4. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

A chimney fell on an old man if I'm not mistaken....

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not in Lancashire, that incident was nearer the epicenter.

6. N3M351S

That Chimney fell through the roof on a young man, he broke his pelvis bone lol ;D

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Well, in the Philippines, we don't feel it... haha, I'd hate it id I died by a chimney falling through the roof, especially since our roof has no chimney ;D

8. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Actually not that funny..... :-\

9. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

That was a load of Bull[badword}
    it didnt really happen, noone in my house felt it, nor did any of my friends, we live near...(Trying to thinik of a decent big city................)
    Luton (We live in Hitchin, Herts) and someone in my class said tbhey did , but they lie in luton which is an hour away , so they could have heard it on the radio on the way there....
    I reckon it was loads of people shaking CCTV cameras at the same time and paying people to break houses and to say thier houses shook.. >.><.< Shifty eyes

10. N3M351S

it happen

11. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

I'd just managed to go to sleep when it happened.I thought it was so cool... :D My second earthquake!

12. Aegix

Aegix Well-Known Member

I remember an earthquake a quite a few years back... (Canada)

:p I got up bright and early to play DK 64. SO I'm playing, and then suddenly...The ground starts feeling like jelly.

I pause, and glace around slowly, and I realise that everything in the wall unit is shaking, and I thought "wha...cool. an earthquake!"

:p It really feels odd to have both feet on the ground, and the ground seems to send the tremors right into your body. It's also kina cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.