1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EA threatens to ban all people who dont report bugs on their beta of sim city

Discussion in 'General News' started by Duncan Idaho, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/21978-failing-to-report-simcity-bugs-during-beta-could-get-you-banned-from-all-ea-games-eula-points-out/

from all online games... orgames that use online or even maybe services

2. hethann

hethann Well-Known Member

aww...that hurts alot...but well don't have one so, I'm safe...is this a step to prevent hacking in public release? and to prevent from the games "USB traveling" and get copied in another computer????

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I'm a big SIMCity fan but I am hoping this game fails...

Really, EA can shove their always online requirement clause up their arse :p

And by being this dickish during this Beta phase we now have a somewhat clear indication of how they will react if this game's sales doesn't meet their standards and the cost for the server/s upkeep is just too much for them.

4. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

they allegedly are reforming the EULA and TOS, they argue it was a bad wording choice, which i dont swallow at all

5. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

LOL, okay. You ban, we boycott.What will EA do if people stop buying their title games? From where will they get revenue and money to sustain? Companies should think 100 times before saying words like "banning" and etc., especially even more in these times where "People's Empowerment" is the top priority.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

"WE" Boycott? Have you already started the "BOYCOTT SIMCITY" Facebook Page and Steam Group? Get over yourself.

7. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

LOL, no.I didn't.I don't even play Sim city or any Sim game for that matter.Played a couple of EA games, though.I was just hinting at the new trend of public reaction.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Some people over at Simtropolis were actually contemplating that and if I recall correctly a few even went as far as opening up petitions so EA will drop the always online requirement:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/48600-simcity-always-on-connection-to-origin/

Just browse through that thread, the petition articles are somewhere in there.

Regarding pirating this upcoming game.

I don't believe the game can be truly pirated at this time. See the game functions like an MMORPG, although you do have the necessary files you need to run the game, you can never activate it because all the activation stuff is found at the game's server/s which includes all your save game data. The only possible form of piracy (which technically would probably still is not piracy in the sense) we can "hope" to see in this early stage is if someone would create private servers for the game.

The only way this game can be truly pirated is when EA decides the game is a flop as an online only game and they release an offline patch to make the game playable as a single player offline game. Kind of like what Monte Cristo did with CitiesXL when they had to close down that game's online aspect because of the cost.