1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[DS] "Moon", by Renegade Kid LLC

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Mister_GandW, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Mister_GandW

Mister_GandW New Member

SUMMARY: Overall a pretty good game. The controls were, astonishingly enough, the bigger hook for my attention: first-person was smooth, responsive, and straightforward. The story was pretty interesting, and does a good job of letting the player choose whether or not to give a damn, almost reminiscent of Metroid. The combat was pretty fun, with a decent assortment of basic alien weapons, like rifles and cannons.

However, the driving controls were a bitch to acclimate. I was skidding and sliding so much, the biggest threat, out of laser turrets and homing robots, were stationary landmines. Also, the droid-controlling objectives got real old real fast. After the first area with the RAD was done I was already tired of piloting the little rodent around. But my biggest concern was that the game was, quite obviously, a clone of Dementium: the Ward. Now don't get me wrong, Dementium is one of my favorite DS games, but still, they even have the same publisher! You'd think Renegade would come up with a little originality, although the copypasta controls were admittedly nice to see.

CONCLUSION: definitely a great game for the FPS lover on the go, but if you have Dementium, you may not need to spend the extra moolah.

Rating: 8.75/10.

~Mr. Saturn

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Please go through the review section's rules when posting a review on a game :)

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,4904.0.html

3. Mister_GandW

Mister_GandW New Member

Sorry bout that. First time and all XD

4. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

well i'd have to agree with you, but i just wish you can shoot humans instead of droids because it gets so boring after a while...

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Good for an amatuer, but we can expect more from you in future.

6. Red_Manflame

Red_Manflame Member

I wish i could play moon o n my n5 . like it works but my L button is stuffed lol

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

please amend the review to be consistent with our review guidelines that Cahos linked, otherwise this will have to be moved out of the reviews board.

8. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Hmm very short review, but I agree with your points, droid is sooo boring.

9. moremoneyplz

moremoneyplz New Member

Its an okay game at first, but one thing is that the droid is sooooo borinnnng!

10. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

This game sucked horribly. The controls were the ONLY good thing about this game. BTW I say this cuz I belong to the "Metroid Prime Hunters II" wishful thinkers club.

11. DSaddictforever

DSaddictforever Well-Known Member

i tried the game...
    and i fell asleep.
    boring...

then i tried and made an effort to play again,
    but i couldn't,
    because i think it was killing me...of boredom..
    maybe its just the age thing
    since in my age i don't think i appreciate games like that :p

12. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

:p but your only 13 :p lol
    I was bored of it, after I found out droids were the enemies... I quit at about the 3rd level though.. I dont know ho I made it that far

13. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

lol C.O.R.E. should be better.

14. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

If it will ever come out...

15. DSaddictforever

DSaddictforever Well-Known Member

i think that's the point. maybe i'm too young to appreciate games like that??? :p