1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do you act impulsively or thinks things through?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by dgrayman42, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dgrayman42

dgrayman42 Active Member

I for one, act impulsively because usually in my day to day basis the things that tend to happen, happen fast. For example, the time my brother lost his suitcase after the coach ride I went mad and searched everywhere around the station, looking out for the familiar blue bag of his without a plan.

I'm not saying that you guys don't have a pretty speedy day but if you were to describe your actions, would you describe them as impulsive or well thought out?

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Depends on the situation. Really, it's good to have both sides of the spectrum to handle all situations.

To handle any single situation though, it is best to strike a balance. Act too impulsively and you may miss the simple places to look for the suitcase. Take too long to act, and the suitcase may already be gone.

If it impulsive and thinking things through were on a two-dimensional continuum, where impulsivity is on the left and the other on the right, I would most likely be in between right and right of center.

3. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Not sure how related this is, but games like Minecraft, Terraria, and RPGs make me lose interest really quickly. I prefer games like TF2, Super Mario Bros, Super Meat Boy, basically any other platformer. I enjoy games that force you to think actively and quickly.

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I tend to act impulsively but if there is some sort of buffer to my impulse (like a "post" button) I might think it through then. Although I always read my posts directly afterwards as a habit, generally if you see me post "there used to be a post here" then that post was a really bad idea that momentarily got through my decency filter.

5. dgrayman42

dgrayman42 Active Member

@insanecrazy07: The suitcase is gone now anyway, we filed a police report but meh :p

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I was just using that as the example.

7. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I almost always think things through. The good thing about that is I can always expect the unexpected. The bad thing is, I'm a lazy ass and a perfectionist to boot. So when I run through a scenario in my head, if it doesn't achieve what I want in the least amount of effort then I stop caring and I don't bother even attempting it anymore. :p

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

when ever i act on impulse, bad thing always happen, i learn it the hard way. thats why i always think twice before doing anything.... unusual.

9. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

I think most of the time except for when I'm bugging a friend

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I act impulsively, because that's what I do. I just do whatever comes to mind first to be honest. I do think things through too...sometimes.

11. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I impulsively think things through and when I don't I think about my impulsive actions as I do them. It's a condition known as the world isn't black and white and neither are people (well they are I guess).

12. dgrayman42

dgrayman42 Active Member

@Void that seems understandable but you forgot about tanned people. :-\

13. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I'm strategically impulsive.

14. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I don't have time to chat. I just bought a house in Tahiti and decided to join a cult worshipping some guy named Gerald because someone asked.