1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Desktop Icons Rearranging

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Lephantome92, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64. Sometimes when I right click on the desktop (typically when trying to empty the recycle bin), I'll end up having explorer.exe crash. I'm on the brink of solving that problem, but what boggles my mind is that, any time it crashes, several of the icons on my desktop go back to a previous arrangement. I checked, and all of them are only on my desktop; none of the problem icons are on the public or other desktops. Has anyone had this issue? As far as the crashing goes, I'm currently still researching that, but I think I'm close to solving that, but until I do, I don't wanna need to keep rearranging the icons to suit my fancy.

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I had the explorer.exe crashing on my 8.1 x64 bit once. It started happening after i installed Core Temp. It went away when i uninstalled it.
    Yours might be a similar issue, maybe the latest application you installed is causing some instability.
    Whats the latest stuff you installed? Installed any HardWare monitoring tools lately?

3. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

I forget exactly when this all started happening (I know, so helpful). However, some of the most recent things I've installed, starting from the most recent: (These were installed after the issue, on Dec. 12, but in case anyone has experience with them exacerbating the problem): SCM for my MSI CX61 2PC, G'MIC for Gimp, Gimp 2.8.14, and Intel Rapid Storage Technology 13.2.4.1000. On Dec. 9, I installed Adobe Reader IX 11.0.10, the game Molto Vivace from the Digipen Institute of Technology, and Desura. The 5th, I installed Calibre (an ebook manager that hasn't crashed explorer in the past) and my phone drivers. The 3rd was just Skype 6.22 and Skype click to call. Nov. 30th was Nitronic Rush (another Digipen game) and MediaMonkey 4.1, which has worked fine in the past. Thinking about it, since the Digipen games were student-made, I'm gonna try uninstalling them first. Would it be recommended to also delete their installers, if I still have them?

EDIT: I just uninstalled the two Digipen games, and it still crashes. However, because I recently started scanning a hard drive (it was after the crashing started), I can't restart my computer yet