1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Death penalty

Discussion in 'Debates' started by atmizi69, Apr 19, 2009.

1. atmizi69

atmizi69 Well-Known Member

Is it or is death penalty a little excessive? In Malaysia, if you get caught with a certain amount of drugs on you, you get a death penalty. It sounds absurd as i've read about rape killings in Malaysia, and the perpetrators only get 20 years in jail and a few strokes of the cane. What the hell is going on with this world. How is rape murder more tolerable than drug dealing? For me, the drug dealers are not the ones to be blamed, but the drug users for buying them in the first place...i know the death penalty is a deterrent against drug dealing but we still have people dealing drugs and using drugs. What bums me out is that some vicious killers get only jail time and a few whips and with good behavior they might get outta jail early. I don't condone dealing of drugs or using them, but it's silly to snuff out a person just because of a stupid mistake they made, for example the so called drug mules, who unsuspectingly carry drug with them to another country.

2. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Drug dealers commonly slip drugs or get children hooked before they have a chance to fight back. Rapists should almost always get the death penalty, though. Some are mentally.... unable however and all that can be done should be to try and... er... "fix" them.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm with the death penalty and all, but rapist getting easier than drug dealers?

THAT is stupid!

I kinda wish they brought (or brought back) that penalty in Australia, but that isn't the discussion at hand here...

I guess it's the old "we have our own rules" thing in Malaysia, they make themselves though to the more "common" crimes but the bigger issues are swept under the rug, if all the foreginers did the worse crimes suddenly I'm sure they might change the laws regarding that...

They are strict over there from what I hear about small things-you can't enter the country if you got long hair (male only) or have a t-shirt with a military logo or death related pic on it (ie a skull logo or something with a tank-even if it looked kiddy they'd take it off you no questions asked).

It's to stop the gangs...the drug problem must have been REALLY bad over there when they first introduced those laws...

BTW I just heard all of this so I can't confirm if any of it is true, but if it stops a stupid mate from traveling overseas...

4. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

It's bullshit when the government official gets 1 year for corruption of over 6 million dollars in welfare money, while the druggie next door gets the death sentence for smoking pot. That's life in Southeast Asia for you. Ridiculous. And don't get me started on the death penalty itself...

5. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

No they don't. The customers find the dealer, not the other way round. Most dealers will never deal to a kid as they talk too much.

On topic. I think that state sanctioned murder is wrong for any crime and I think all drugs should be legalised.

6. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Really? I didn't know POT could get you the big DP! D: That's stupid.

7. geekalot

geekalot Active Member

death penalty......if i was a victim a fast death would not enough to serve justice.death by age is more satisfying cause you would always know that the convict died in a little cooped up place(well if you did not get killed at the crime you'd be satisfied ;D)

8. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

well, drugs can make someone rape a person so better have them arrested.

9. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

No, people can try to excuse their actions by saying they where on drugs, but they are still a rapist. There are a few drugs that can lead people to do things that they normally will not do, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine is a good example but even STP(PCP) cannot turn a good guy into a bad guy.

10. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

Yet, any kind of drugs, when abused, even when it is good for ye, can lead ye to yer own destruction.

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

that sounds shitty that you can get the death penalty for using drugs
    cause drugs are awesome (well weed anyway)

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I disagree with drugs, the harmful side affects of any can affect your lives...
    Sure, in moderation, but really who the hell is gonna moderate the amount they take-think about it...

Beer reduces brain cells (from what I hear) and causes all sorts of internal problems if over taken, not to mention how it can affect someone's mental state...

Weed-I've met people who take this stuff and, no offence, they've been on it too long, and it shows...and they wonder why they can't find work.

Anything over taken is dangerous-look at video game addiction, and i know...

BACK to the topic before I start a new rant, the death penalty, from what i can see and from what I've just learned, doesn't work as well as it should, sure killing the murderers means that they can't hurt anyone else, but means other's will take thier place...

As for drug takers/dealers-they think they can get away all the time and slip thru the rader, they will soon get caught, but the death penalty doesn't scare them away from easy money/being higher than a kite...

As for Mules-you would have to feel sorry for them getting into that situation, but then again it goes to show you...don't hang around people into that crap!

Sorry to those that are pro drugs-I've seen the affects and would not promote something that's good is out weighed by bad, real bad, side affects...
    That is just my view no need to take it personally...

13. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Death penalty is not scaring people not to commit crimes. what they should be scared off is torture. those shit with the dont feel a thing death penalty sucks. so they get injected with some things and they sleep and die, then what? ok, i'll just kill as many people i can and just sleep to death when caught?

if they are tortured to death, then that would be justice! let them feel the effects of their crimes.

And about the drug thing, what did those weeds, illegal drugs ever produced? i bet they only produced shits and death.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...unfortuantly torture doesn't fit in with today's politicaly correct society, sure they would learn but then again many just won't...

Besides your gonna have to get a sicko to do it anyway-not many normal people would apply to be a torturer as a job.

That's why different nations have different ways-in australia the most you get is prision for life, they lock you up NEVER to be released, which means you die of old age behind bars...but that is rare...

America used to have the electric chair, but changed it to lethal injection...when it does fail and instead causes extreme pain before they die, the person who stuffed up gets in trouble for it...

And some coutries have the shoot to death thing...but while it sounds scary it just won't stop them all...

In reality, the death penalty just won't stop the thick heads, "high as a kite" morons, and those who just think they will get away with man slaughter (plead insanity-I hear it works)!

If any coutries still do torture then prehaps they have something, but most coutries would look down on them anyway...

15. damanali

if it will be a lawful job, then i'll apply as soon as possible. hehehe

but as you have said, many will look down on torture to death, especially the human rights people.
    criminals that done sick things has human rights? like the guy who had a shooting spree at that virginia tech has some human rights?

hm... its really hard to decide verdict on death penalty, especially when you were raised as a catholic with the forgive and forget notions...

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The victims no matter what, won't be forgiving, I know how that would feel.

But the human rights people want anyone human to be treated fairly, right or wrong...

Even if it was a sicko killing human rights members!

As for the job of executer...what kinda training would you need, uni course, study as a butcher, or just be able to watch a surgrey without getting sick from it?

17. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

your correct in thinking it won't stop the morons but it is a common misconception to think that criminals are stupid and high as a kite, that is mostly true in petty criminals which serve small sentences, but more criminals then you think are intelligent (maybe not in a schooled way but the are very clever) and plan and are calculated.

18. damanali

you mean the serial killers? yeah, they are smart as hell. they plan their kills perfectly. like that guy in virginia tech.

19. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Are you fucking kidding me, some of you?

If someone commits a crime while on a drug, arrest them for the crime, but not for using the drug. Someone who smokes a joint is NOT going to go rape someone. I would be less likely to rape someone while high. The hysteria regarding many drugs is absurd. Surely there are some drugs which are a legitimate concern to human safety, notably meth and heroin, but law enforcement around the world is instead busting innocent people for using harmless substances that no one should be denied the right to use during their brief lifetime. The grip the governments have on the people of the world is astounding.

20. damanali

aha, stoners... the 70's back again... good thing nobody in our family line ever used the weed... or else our line will be like "peace", all right men, sweet... dude...... stoners...

well, i have to argue with when you are high, you are less likely to rape someone... we have a neighbor back then that raped, and even tried to kill his mother and daughter because he was high... so, based from that "first-hand" experiece, i would say that being high can do shitty things...