1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cyber bullying caused suicide

Discussion in 'General News' started by mds64, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25817632-2862,00.html

Many times, people have told me common sence...

"Ignore them, they are just wanting to see your reaction"

"Don't pay attention to them"

"They are just wanting attention"

In this case, a young girl, who gave in to the insults or what not, did the unthinkable...

When I was a child, I had (and still to this day) confidence issues, related to bullies, for many years, I always told my teachers...

"I cannot ignore them, because I cannot ignore my feelings".

If not for my will to live, I may have ended up like this...

For someone to feel so depressed because of something online, it makes you think...

How many of us can ignore what has just been said, wether face to face, or thru a viewed screen...

My condolances to this loss of life...

Anyone have any thoughts to add?

2. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Re: Cyber bulling caused suicide

Wow... That's sad :( that.. Just from cyber bullying. But seriously, if you were using MSN or something similar, wouldn't you just block them if someone was bullying you?

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I came to this thread for news of "cyber bulling", but found it was actually the far less awesome "cyber bullying".

Well, at least I can laugh. Survival of the fittest, and the bullies are going to have a MASSIVE guilt trip.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

She was naive-her mother just spoke to her moments before she took her life...after a chat...

Once it get's stuck in your head, there is no going back, it's death or eternal misery...I chose the later.

I come here for a change of pace :)

But yes, sad, not much we can really do, it's too late, and kids these days...think about it?

Do we still have the same values we had years back?

Do we treat other's with respect?

Do we keep in line with the law?

Mostly-that's a no-at least here in aus...

Especially around the western suburbs...

Point is-we lack common sence-if she had a big brother who had net knoledge then it may have been avoided...
    Her mother tried-but the damage was done-my guess it was going on for quite some time-it may have been a remour a good friend found out that set her off-and she chose to fall into it-or standard "you bitch, etc" type stuff...

Prevention is better than cure in cases like these-thus I have blocked/deleted 65% of my contacts-I refuse to let them get my anger going!

I will fix that typo-but not all with have the guilt trip-there is a small chance that this person may have been a "random add" like from facebook who joined her msn network...

It's those who can't be trusted-and at that age they don't know better :(

5. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

I don't really like bullies. I might even kill one if I was randomly hurt whether it's physical or mental.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And that's how serial killers are born-don't actually go thru with it...

I KNOW the consequences...trust me on that one.

7. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

yeah...as much as possible I try to stop the urge on going out on a brawl.
    lol. The bully I know is somewhat friendly anyway.
    ...not to mention fat...and playful...and also a bit childish

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sounds like I guy I used to work with-long story short I have him on face book-all I do is shout out...

STOP WITH THE PRON ADVERTS!

Every few days....and avoid any lift's with him (he ain't a safe driver :( ) and we shall be fine...

Some bullies are friendly-which is why it's hard to spot them out.

If you can use some tatics to keep them in line, they can be useful...

I made friends with many past bullies-but mostly because I can drive-they're too stupid to go for thier Learners XD

9. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Thats why i hate flame, its good in a debate, but if its a flame, it can go all shots. No logic, no rules, just all the way chat war.

Well, its better to be the killer than be killed, especially doing suicide? why take you own life for just a simple chat? also, remember when chatting, you can see, hear your chatmates, but they cant touch you.

Its a psychological warfare, like what prinny is saying, if you give in to terrorist, you are already dead. I thank prinny for helping me get over that fear.

10. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

I know how it feels to be bullied by others and through my experience, bullying is like a sickness, the more you receive it, your immunity increases to it that you are capable of ignoring it like you didn't hear, see or feel anything.

11. damanali

yeah, but the problem is with low immunity person. when they report, they just ignore you or you are called names and will bully you more. And the poor people who thinks suicide is the best option...

sometimes, even if you have that immunity, those bullies will give you a harder time to break you down.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yeah like me-they would crack me like an egg just to see me throw chairs at them-true story.

13. Your_Shadow446

Your_Shadow446 Active Member

I hate bullying. I know, that's just a simple, almost-cliched experience but it's true. It is like a disease that just picks out the weakest link and breaks them down. And even though all these people commit suicide, they just don't learn.

They don't realize that what they're doing is crushing the person. Or even when they do, they love doing it to them.

I'm surprised there's such a large amount with such a large amount of warnings and knowledge about consequences.

14. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

I hate get bullied, I have gotten bullied once when I was 13. LOL, it's suck, it's like nobody is in your side.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I had a few...but they were sitting on the fence if you get what I mean...

It's no wonder why violence is also geting worse-people getting bullied but want vengence take to arms-and thus shoot out's begin...not always with guns though...

...If only she blocked them and just ignored "simple txt"-even I can do that to some degree...

16. damanali

yeah, like those types in Virginia tech..but i think it was cause by jealousy, not by being bullied..right?

17. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Strangely, there are no bullies at our school :p
    maybe because of all those cameras...

but cyber-bullying is the worst, you can't even say your insults face to face, it's really lame

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

On another forum I was part of, I was stupid and gave my msn to a random user...

At first (because I was stupid) all went well, then I opened up...

He picked on my weaknesses-at first I didn't worry-but then all he did was go on and on and on...

By this time-I didn't know how to block-all I wanted to do was retaliate!

So I got another clan member (my old ds clan that I was once part of) and he helped dish him back!

After that...I found the block button :)

But more net bulling is gonna be more common-it's an easy to use tool which you can "hide" while dishing damage...

It's one of the bad sides of the World Wide Web :(

19. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

World without boundaries..that was an Internet is.... :(

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It has boundries-but they are optional-why else is such an illegal site like ours still thrives?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.