1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't seem to burn games and play on my PS1. Weird logo appears.

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by rizefall, May 3, 2012.

1. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

Been trying to burn games to my PS1 today. Have not gone so good i need to say.

I've also tried to read on google, tried several different discs and other stuff but none of it have worked. Until THIS happen

[​IMG]

I've tried various things. One of the CD-R´s is a Castlevania US version with a Bin and Que file burned on the same CD and everything goes well, except that it stops right there and everything looks weird. This happens after the white screen with "Sony" appears. Where the Black screen and playstation logo should appear.

What i've used:

Windows Vista 32 bit
    Burner (not sure about the name but i can burn other stuff)
    CD-R (That type of CD)
    Nero Startsmart (not sure what version of Nero this is but at least it gets the job done with movies, music and PC games)

What could i possibly have done wrong? I will post more pics and stuff in a little while.

EDIT:

Here comes a picture of how it looks like before i try to burn it. The burning has always been succesfull. Am i missing something? A file? Something else is wrong?

[​IMG]

Here are some other setups of files i've used and done the same thing with, namely: ct.CDD, ct, ct (those two are imagefiles) and ct.sub.

ct.CDD
    ct
    ct
    ct.sub

Are all files for PSX Chrono Trigger USA-NTSC. Does it really matter if it's EU/USA or NTSC/PAL when you burn?

EDIT 2:

here is some other pictures i got from burning with IMGburn, not sure if everything here is as it should be. What should be noted that when the first pictures burning was done, it wanted me to open the tray, close it and then it did this other thing which can be seen on the other pic, that also much more fast then i wanted it to be. Also could not use X1 cause it.. Just would not let me cause the CD "demanded" X8 or higher. The second picture is something that happend AFTER i thought everything was done. The CD-Rom opened and it wanted me to close it again. Started some other thing i'm not sure what it is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT 3:

Step by step how should i install it? Write Image file to CD? Write files over to CD? Which one should i pick? Everyone says this is easy to use for a noobie but i get problems at the FIRST possible screen.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

use imgburn not nero. Burn at the lowest possible speed and use branded CD-R media.

3. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

Is that the only way it will work? Sorry if i ask, but how so?

4. Loonylion

nero is known not to work properly. Lowest possible speed reduces the chances of the burn not working properly, and some CD media works better than others. Verbatim and TDK are usually considered to be the best.

5. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

With that said, it's not a 100% chance that every burn will work?

Not sure what these CDs are. Only thing i know is that they say "CD-R" when i put them into the computer or Nero/other programs runs it.

6. Loonylion

no its not guaranteed. if the console modchip is functioning properly, and the guidelines I gave above are followed, it's very likely to work.

7. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

Re: Can\'t seem to burn games and play on my PS1. Weird logo appears.

Not sure about the modchip cause it was done YEEEEEEEEEEEEARS AGO. Got this PS1 as a kid. Back at that age everything worked fine when relatives burned games for me. Hopefully it has not broken..

Well thanks!
    Post Merge: [time]1336067741[/time]
    Well i got some problems. There is so many options so what should i put in? T_T

Also it said that "cause of the CD i'm using" i can only burn at X8, X16 etc etc. But it still seems it started the burn process. What the hell is all that about?

8. I-Fatman

I-Fatman Well-Known Member

I should also say use imgburn. I ain't familiar with burning PS1 games but imgburn has never failed on me when I burn Gamecube, Wii games nor movies.

Heh just gotta say, I noticed the swedish texts. I am also swedish.

9. Loonylion

anything more than 4x is likely to have problems.

10. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

I've edited my first post with some problems. Can anyone tell me what's going on? The same error still occurs like the first screen i posted.

And cool, more swedish people!

11. I-Fatman

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=13288.0

He ended up with succes, don't know if it helps you though.

12. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

Looked at that. Followed that thread the first time and i still get the same error. Now i also read: "your drive can only this CD at X8" or something. That message is on the photos i published.

And i started this 10 hours ago.. Hoping it would be easy and.. CHEAP T_T

EDIT: When i used the option to Write an image file onto the CD it kinda worked. The problem is i did not use an image file but a .bin and .que file. After some error the game starts and it stops at the "intro movie" at the start of the game.

WHAT IF i create and image file with the files i already have? Should use both the .bin and .que to create one or just one of them?

13. Loonylion

the .bin file is an image file. You should tell it to burn the .cue file (in the burn an image section). The .cue file tells imgburn how to burn the disc.

14. I-Fatman

I read that you'll need an ISO file of the game. But that sounds just weird to me.
    And I don't think you'll have to worry (hopefully) about what brand it is on your CDs. I have used cheap ones to burn many games without problem.

15. Loonylion

it doesn't have to be an ISO file.

16. I-Fatman

Just as I thought then.

I have been looking around the internet but didn't find anything usefull. Sorry mate.

17. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

So i should just put in to burn the CUE file nothing else?

18. Loonylion

everything should be in the same folder. open imgburn and tell it you want to burn an image, then select the .cue file. It will automatically burn the .bin and .sub files according to the instructions contained in the .cue file.

19. rizefall

rizefall Active Member

Re: Can\'t seem to burn games and play on my PS1. Weird logo appears.

Sounds good. If this works, why did you just not open with that? Made it much easier.
    Post Merge: [time]1336082824[/time]
    Yet again it does not work. Now it comes to the playstation logo without worries but stops there.

I still burn at 8X cause for some reason i can't do 1X and it automatically changes to 8X. I also get some"Micrompmise" error (not sure of the exact word), about 240 of them.

Another copy i made started the game, stayed at the konami logo (Castlevania) and then randomly played sounds from the game. Felt like i had created a monster T_T

Also regarding the games i've tried to burn there was no "SUB" file. Does that matter?

20. I-Fatman

Don't know. How is it going? Any progress?