1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Buggy Window

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Fennyariel, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I just had to reinstall Windows 7 and now everytime I click in the type in box on my Google toolbar I get this from just either clicking in it or when I just hit one key:

[​IMG]

I've tried reinstalling the toolbar but that didn't help. You suppose something just didn't "take" when I did my reinstall? Somebody please help because it's really stiinking annoying and I've never seen this before.

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Which browser are you using? IE?

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Currently Google Toolbar is only available for IE the last release for Firefox was googletoolbar7.0 which supports till FFox 4beta .
    so if you are not using the latest version of IE, try upgarding it.
    also use the latest version of google toolbar for IE that is googletoolbar7.0.
    or maybe you havent adjusted the time i win7 after installing it .

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its nothing to do with the time. It's warning you that a secure page is trying to load unsecure elements, which could pose a security risk

5. Fennyariel

Loony you big silly! I ddin't mean time of day! ;v) I meant everytime I do anything with the toolbar it does that! ;v)

6. Loonylion

it was Neon32 that mentioned time of day.

There's no reason at all to be using google toolbar anymore, all major browsers have search boxes that can be set to use google.

7. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Just like Neon32 said. Make sure toolbar is uptodate.
    And go to windows update and install all IE related Updates. That would upgrade it to IE 11 installing a bunch of IE security updates along with it.
    Try if that solves this issue.

If this continues even after, then I agree with this

Mozilla and Chrome has search boxes that can be set to use Google, And you could set your homepage of IE to Google.

8. Fennyariel

Only one problem. I can't set up IE 11 like I can IE 8. Thats why I still use 8.

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

What do you mean you cant set up IE 11?

10. Loonylion

IE 8 is no longer supported by microsoft and is much less secure than 11, which is much less secure than any other browser. Time to get a decent browser.

11. Fennyariel

It stopped all by its lonesome! ;v) I just needed one last update from Microsoft! ;v) Thanx anyway guys! ;v)

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i was thinking of this :
    [​IMG]
    see this shows that connection is not secure.
    this happens when the time&date of your computer is not correct.

cheers !!