1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blur Beta

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Natewlie, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Has anyone got their hands on this beta? I don't think many have since I don't see more than 600 people online but eh.

Basically Blur is a racing game by the guys who made Geometry Wars and Project Gotham Racing, essentially, imagine Mario Kart with real cars laced with crack. I've played the beta and it's too much fun, if you have friends or have people to talk to online. Although the graphics aren't that special, the gameplay more than makes up for it, nothing's more amusing than blasting someone of a track with the Barge power up. The game so far supports up to 20 people in one race with little lag (it's a crazy clusterfuck but hilarious), races with 20 people is by far the most fun I've had in a racing game up to date.

Add a ranking system, challenges and perks (like with any FPS game, but for a racing game), and you have Blur.

I didn't have this on my radar before the beta, and I thought it was stupid but now that I've played it, I'm definitely buying this game when it comes out in May.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

It's ok, i got bored after one race though, they ended up emailing me more beta codes so i'll just be using the 48 hour gold trials for some online games

3. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

I got the beta key, but so far, I haven't had any time to play it.

4. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

There's gonna a download for the beta on the 6th of April, so If you didn't get a key theres no need to worry.

5. juto hoong

juto hoong New Member

wat beta key??

6. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I played the multiplayer demo. It's cool, but the cars handle like shit. You can't drift around corners to save your life. Every time I drift I just end up skidding off to the side and slamming into shit, hell, half the the time I scraping along walls to go around corners. If somebody can explain how to properly drift around corners and handle the car right in general, it'd be appreciated.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You have to slow down, depending on the speed you're heading, either handbrake or brake. It takes practice to get down perfect, it's rewarding though. Also boosts help (hold down and boost for sharp cornering).

8. Yutrzenika

Alright, that's what I figured. I would be going mach speed, and try to drift, so I guess that's why. But yeah, I'm sure I could really enjoy the game if I we're to get the feel of the controls down.

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

So it's a play to play game? I'd better not try this. I usually feel very sad that it's play to play if I really like the game.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yeah you have to play to play it.

If you mean pay to play, no.

There's a demo on the Xbox, I don't know about the PS3. The game's fun if you have people to play with.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Never seen one on ps3 so no demo for us :(

Anyways, I played it, I can see some perfect players online, cause I'm the kind of guy where if the game requires perfection WITH THE BRAKE then I see some hardcores destroying people online...

I never use the brake (and I avoid the handbrake-While I was getting it for a bit I still made critical errors that meant I lost to easy ai on an instore 360 :( )

12. Yutrzenika

I might have to rent the game, if I can get the controls down (Mainly handling), then I'll probably buy it.

13. HorrorOvYig

HorrorOvYig Well-Known Member

I tried Blur.
    It wasn't really my cup of tea so I didn't get it.

14. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

worse raceing game i had ever play. one the cars are so hard to turn you would have to slow all the way down to a stop or crash in to the wall. the power ups. are not good at all with that. i play a few game and at first it was fun. but then i got tired of the crashing the dang power ups come back to fast and the same one being there i hope the game does not sell so that it teach the makers to make a better game.

15. HorrorOvYig

I KNOW RIGHT?
    :]

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Have you played PGR? Same type of turning there, really. If you're not accustomed to a game's physics, don't knock the game, knock yourself since you haven't gotten used to it. It's exactly like PGR, where it's somewhat realistic, but still feel somewhat arcadey.

17. HorrorOvYig

It does feel kinda arcadey but I kinda get pissed off when I play Blur because its pretty realistic but fake at the same time.
    Racedriver Grid is an amazing racing game in my opinion.

18. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Then you get more quitters than mariokart.

19. HorrorOvYig

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    This LaughingStock guy is funny xDDDDDDDD

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

lol realistic and fake.