1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blood sports.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by short4ds, Apr 16, 2010.

1. short4ds

short4ds Active Member

Should they be banned?
    I'm doing an article for my school's forum so any help is appreciated!

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

no
    if we dont kill them something else higher up the food chain will(or would if it could)
    its just the way things are

3. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

Yes they should. It is the unnatural killing of animals for game, instead of survival.

4. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

what is this? blood sport? animal sport? please be more specific... :s

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

What is blood sport?

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I think blood sports are a 2 man fighting games. Like wrestling, boxing, UFC...etc.
    Or it can be also classified as any games/sports that draws blood/death intentionally. Like Bull fighting, cock fighting...

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Apologies for using Wikipedia as source:

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

YES they should be banned! it's just animal cruelty!

9. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Blood Sports is too vague to define anything. Some people will say that is hunting animals, other will say that is fighting, boxing, etc...

You want us to debate on such a vague title?

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

from wikipedia...

11. Missingno.

Missingno. Member

I say ban them because they make animals suffer through a lot of pain and occasionally kills them.

12. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

EXACTLY! i love animals very much, and even mean ones don't deserve to die!!!!

13. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Combat sports would define Boxing,Wrestling etc.

Blood Sports is animals fighting for entertainment (as its been stated several times)

Blood Sports is illegal where I am (US), not saying it still doesn't go on in remote places, but I for one am against it especially went involves dogs.

14. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

well... cock fighting (and by cock i mean male chickens) is widely embraced here in the Philippines... so its pretty much on the perspective basis... some go for cock fighting and detest dog fighting...

15. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

I suggest that animals hunters die the same way they hunted their preys...

16. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

That's not right...

Killing the people who torture animals... I thought the point was to stop all of them from being hurt, including the hunters.

17. Irili

Irili Active Member

I'm really confused. Are we talking about people hunting animals like deer and geese? Or are we talking about raising dogs and roosters to fight?

I'm all for ending the latter. But as far as hunting animals is concerned, I'm all for it. I've hunted before. My family all go out during deer season and stock up on deer meat. My great aunt likes cooking with deer meat more than she does hamburger or chicken. I don't understand the people who look at others like they're evil just because they hunt animals. Other animals (aka predators) hunt and eat other animals as do humans. Why? Because humans are a species of mammals, just like a lion is a species of mammals.

What is a "Blood Sport"? This should be cleared up?

18. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

And also, animals that are raised in factory farms suffer a whole lot more then animals that enjoy life in the wild and are then hunted down for food.
    I'm all for hunting, but yeah, pitting animals against each other just for fun or profit is totally wrong IMO and should be banned.