1. This forum is in read-only mode.

best torrent app for windows vista?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

topic, im seeking something better than utorrent and closer to xtorrent

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

utorrent is the best torrent client for windows there is. You won't find anything better because there isn't anything better.

3. Duncan Idaho

for me xtorrent>utorrent at least witht he former i could find stuff but oh well

4. Epistles

Epistles Member

Translation: "It is only my independent opinion that uTorrent is the best Windows torrent client."

uTorrent is simple, has incredibly low requirements, and is considered generally likable though, so I'd recommend it. Also, why not upgrade to Windows 7? Seriously, like, PM me if you need help. There's literally no excuse to be using Vista in late 2010.

5. Loonylion

nothing of the sort. It is a widely held opinion by vast numbers of people.

6. Duncan Idaho

a) im not upgrading yet as im not 100% sure if i have every requisite, this are the specs of my comp:

intel core 2 duo 2.2G,2 GB of ram, the video card is the Mobil Intel(R) 4 series express chipset family, realtek is the audio card and a hard drive of 160 gigabytes im not sure if my videocard can support win 7 and most stufff is not compatible yet with win 7

7. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

windows 7 has loads of compatability

8. Loonylion

not necessarily with hardware.

9. Epistles

Epistles Member

Popular opinion =/= indisputable truth.

10. Duncan Idaho

i agree with epistles here, its a decent program but seeing nothing close to xtorrent is odd, and im not gonna try azureus its a crappy program

11. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I primarily use bittorrent

This is true, I can't get my soundcard or videocard to work properly with 7

I'm still using XP, 9 years old, and still running strong

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Windows 7 runs perfectly on this six year old machine I use. It has never been upgraded except for the video card about six months or so back. If it can run perfectly on my crappy, horrible machine (this thing is seriously awful), it will probably run fine on whatever you have.

Also, uTorrent is fantastic. I don't see any reason to use anything else.

13. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

My opinion == indisputable truth

If you want to get pedantic, there is figuratively no excuse for using Vista in late 2010. I'm still on Vista because a) screw you and b) I'm not wasting my time, money or effort on "upgrading" and adapting to another unnecessary piece of fail.

14. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Im on Vista because my son couldnt play pc-rom games on this crappy 17" Toshiba Lappie(Intels fault),and he's took my Lenovo W7 one.

And if I try to stick W7 on this one,I know that the graphics card and network adaptor arent not going to like it LOL

15. luthorcorp92

luthorcorp92 Well-Known Member

I prefer Bitcomet.

16. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Get uTorrent, bitcomet sucks.

17. Loonylion

bitcomet abuses the bitorrent protcol.

18. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I got a spare windows 7 key if you want one.

19. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Uh...no thanks.

20. Duncan Idaho

to be honest i see tha utorrent is good but im seeking also something closer to xtorrent, any mac user should understand why im seeking something like that, so far its the only torrent program i know that has an incorporate borwser, i type GH3 OST i get 5 choices for downloading GH3 OST.