1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are you asking for World War 3?

Discussion in 'General News' started by branraf, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

Is it me or are Iran serioulsy getting on our nerves. They ignore the UN's request to stop their nuclear programme or something along those lines and now they're arresting journalists for espionage?!?!?!

Read this for more info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8005660.stm

Then again, North Korea seems to be asking for a war as well

2. lcleong

lcleong Well-Known Member

this world is way too corrupted~ and boring~ish .. need some wars to lived it up! ^^

3. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

True, we could do with liveliness but try to keep it on topic, wanna see how far this post goes :D

4. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

you know that WW3 would mean we would have to go to the front and fight for our country?

5. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I wish I had my old siggy now.

"I know not what WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

We're doomed, hua?

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Can't those stupid Military types settle their wars on a Global Counterstrike or Unreal tournament death match online battle than actually sending people to their possible deaths? :p

Or how about settling things using Star Craft, War Craft or even Command & Conquer, sheesh!

7. crazytuna

forget starcraft were going to get owned by the koreans
    how about a good old tetris championship

8. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Because Asia would rule the world.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, someone would accuse someone else of hacking and that would start a war.

10. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I'm always looking for the next good war. I can't find anyway better to die than serving your country. But I hate those who spy on their country and sell those information to the enemy. They should be tortured first and then beheaded or hanged. Traitors deserve death most than any other capital crimes.

And Iran, as a Fundamentalist country, its really hard for them to accept any democratic ideas like freedom of the press and even interactions with their neighbors and the international community.

11. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

It is in human nature to conduct battles and bloodshed, even in the olden times war cannot be avoided unless................... we erase the word war and thought of war then it can be stopped but it would be futile to say the least.

12. damanali

lets go back to the good old times when we use swords, spears, bows and catapults. then the walled cities and horses.

but now, the only use of the soldiers is to occupy a town and claim it for their country. like in israel and lebanon, even if you send a nuclear bomb to its capitals, you cannot claim it without putting troops to occupy it.

if it goes back to those times, then by all means, lets start WWIII

13. crazytuna

Are you people crazy? You really want a war?...

14. Lechongbaboy

I didn't say that I want war. Of course, wars is not good. Wars bring in casualties, deaths by thousands, genocide, infanticide and pesticide. But then, It cannot be totally avoided because it is our instinct, our instinct to fight, this cannot be changed. It is implanted to our brain since the beggining. :-X

15. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

no thank you, i'll pass on that. i'm probably wrong on this one but us civilians are probably under more pressure than the actual guys up front. i mean, people will say "why not just bomb the shit out of their cities with rockets till they surrender" well actually scratch that, there's ways to counter ICBMs but... i just don't like the sound of them

16. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

You can also see it as the need for independence. These countries also want some sort of respect from the rest of the world. Any country not a democracy is apparently not fit in the current image of the world, so Iran and North-Korea look for the easiest way to get that respect: threat and fear. China did a better way, through trade, research and manufacturing.

Btw, doesn't China have nukes?

17. crazytuna

I think they do

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

19. Lechongbaboy

And we'll die if they press the wrong button......

20. damanali

Well, i have a different reasons for war. I always hated the fact of our billions of population, increasing need for land and food and in the saying: This place isn't big enough for the both of us. Well maybe because i have fear of of being enclosed to many people, but the point is, i believe in a clean slate, a new beginning, and i dont believe that space colonization will happen anytime soon, so war is the next thing to having a clean slate/new beginning.

But maybe its a different thing or experience from my point and the point of others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.