1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Are Mega Man games way too difficult & unfair?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Mar 8, 2013.

?

Are Mega Man games Bitch Ass hard?

1. Yes, I suck at them.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A tad on the challenging Side.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They're okay, once you learn the basics.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Man these games are easy! Stop your bitching!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I'm subscribed to this guy's Youtube Channel...

http://www.youtube.com/user/PkGam?feature=watch

...because his New Super Mario Bros. Wii U Let's Play "sort of" impressed me.

Anyway, he boasts that he's such a pro platform game player and yet he whines at a faster paced platformer like Megaman.

In this new video of his he whines that enemy placement in Mega Man games are ridiculously annoying and the over all level design is bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi06XNpGatA&lc=HU-Sw8nq6LyxbhV44v8UXu8Hw_bbV53cvoiJVBkPhp8

I'm trying my best not to offend him for being such a n00b but he seriously is :p

I decided to put up this poll to see what others think of the Mega Man games in general.

So is he right? Are Mega Man games poorly designed and unfair to warrant him bitching? Or should he just suck it up and learn some skillz?

EDIT: Addendum:

Oh and my opinion regarding the Mega Man games' overall difficulty.

The first three were really challenging with MM2 on normal difficulty being one of the hardest followed by MM3. MM 4, 5 & 6 were a bit easier because of the introduction of the Mega Buster.

MM7 was a bit challenging, MM8 a wee bit on the easy side, Mega Man & Bass a tad challenging & most of the X series as well as the Z series were indeed challenging to difficult.

Other games past these I haven't played yet but I hear people say MM9 was difficult and 10 somewhat disappointing.

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

I find most of them too easy myself. I'm used to trolling mechanics like surprise enemies out of nowhere and as far as MMX goes I've gotten so comfortable with dash-jumping and other things that nothing can touch me in most cases.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Same here and in fact I welcome it :) Sure that one annoying enemy randomly popping up to ruin your jump can be a pill, but you can also get a laugh out of it sometimes.

As for dash jumping... yeah, once you've been on MMX far too long you sometimes get pissed at "regular" Mega Man for not wall hugging or dashing when you press the dash button only realizing later you are indeed playing old school Mega Man.

4. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

Actually, I have a much easier time with Mega Man games than other platformers, because they don't have momentum (most of them don't anyway). The X series went downhill after X5. X6 had bad level design and those bullshit Nightmare effects. X7 was too slow, Axl sucked, and you couldn't play as X from the start. X8 brought the series back in its prime.

There's a Let's player on Youtube named ClementJ642 who hates X6 more than any other game in the series. Can't say I blame him.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I used to be subscribed to Clement too but his constant swearing got to me. Same with SSoHPKC. Swearing is fine in those "balls kicking instances" but when your every sentence is mostly "fuck" with few other words in it, then it gets annoying.

EDIT: Addendum:

Finally decided to unsub to him as his arguments are too idiotic:
    "Mario games ARE BETTER!?" Screw that!

Unsub....

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Oh, not the "true gamer" bullshit.

7. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

this

8. FulgoreSama

FulgoreSama Well-Known Member