1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anyone still watching Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by buchichu, Jul 6, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

I just grabbed as many of the BW "Best Wishes" eps there are in Japan right now, subbed (the American version is always so chopped up and since they've replaced all the voiced it's just not tolerable anymore) and it's so backwards! It's cool to see Team Rocket not being incompetent morons anymore, in fact they're pretty slick, wearing black and actually succeeding in their schemes. I haven't seen them blast off once, they usually make a swift escape first. On the flipside of that coin, Ash seems to have become a complete idiot between seasons, seemingly forgetting all the basics of Pokemon battles to the point that other characters are surprised at his idiocy, and Pikachu looks to have leveled down or something, losing to a damn water type in his first gym battle! I miss Brock, but his replacement seems like the flamboyant anime trope, which I like. Probably why I like James so much. ;)

Anywho, wasn't sure if anyone was keeping up with the show. I like to watch shows while I'm playing the games they're based off of. I grabbed all of Inazuma Eleven just because I was enjoying the game so much and one of my favorite game series, .Hack, probably stole my heart because of the mixed media involved.

Now I just wish someone would translate that DS Fushigi Yuugi game for me. That would be dreamy.

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Ash has always been an idiot when it comes to gym battles. If you noticed, through the first set of gyms, he only won a few legit, while the rest were won out of sheer luck or pity.

At this point, Pikachu should be maxed on levels and stats. There's gotta be some sort of level cap/balancing in place for the show because it should OHKO pretty much anything it hits.

The show peaked around the end of the Indigo League and pretty much declined anytime after that, but really tanked when they decided to change voice actors.

Anytime you decide to change actors for whatever reason, the shows, movies, or franchises are on its way out.

3. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

Yeah...I wish I hadn't seen the one BW episode I saw here. I think the show sucks anymore (haven't seen any subs though. I watch it for the same reason I watch DBZ Kai- just to say I have seen everything, as a fan.
    But, yeah...Ash is retarded; always has been. Crying and locking himself in a room because he didn't take first in the League at the end of season one....*mumbles inaudibly*

4. buchichu

yeah but he used to have some basic knowledge, and as the show progressed they DID try and show some maturity when he was facing more inexeperienced trainers and stuff. In this series they're treating him like HE'S the noob, even though he's been at it for year and years. Which is easy when you never age. And with what has to be a level 100 pikachu, going against the first gym in the first town man...he should have been getting like, OHKOs. I also find it funny that a trainer who has won so many major battles all over the different regions doesn't strike anyone as familiar in the least. No one's heard of him? Really? How many leagues has he won or been placed in the top 3 for?

Ah well, I'll be watching if only to see Team Rocket finally kicking some butt. 8)

5. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I haven't watched Poke'mon since I was a kid. All the voices are different and I don't know the names/types of all the Poke'mon by heart any more; the new episodes make me feel old and I'm not even 20 yet : /

Did Misty ever get a new bike?

6. buchichu

Hahaha...well, I still play the games religiously when they come out, if i didn't I assume I wouldn't care much for the cartoon, Team Rocket or no. Dunno about her bike, but Misty got her gym back anyway.

7. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Ash does age though. I dunno what they're doing with his character, but watching Pokemon cartoons old or new, beats watching a lot of other shows. The Manga is better, though. My main problem with Ash is that he has, like, NOTHING in common with Red. Except for the strangely Hyper-Powered Pikachu, which was NOT Red's starting Pokemon.

8. buchichu

Ash doesn't age, or if he does he has a weird disorder that prevents him from actually growing in any way. The only change other than his clothes is this season they gave him big, brown anime eyes and it's a little creepy. My favourite part of the manga was when Jessie and James got married. :-*

9. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Yeah he does age though. A year a season or a year a Region (not sure which.

I want him to evolve his Pikachu. Seriously.

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Me but the new series are no much fun as they used to be. Maybe I am not in the right mind set.

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Not anymore.

12. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

why doesn't he age? Do you know the Pokemon Theory ?
    http://www.killcure.com/2009/10/02/pokemon-conspiracy-theory/