1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Any worthwhile 360 games?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ace1o1, Nov 18, 2010.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

So, I'm going to buy a 360 slim with Kinect (250GB) in about two and a half weeks. I was wondering what games I should buy, preferably older so I can get them used at GameStop. But a few newer ones would be nice too. I don't want anything to do with Call of Duty. I know Gears is shittastic and I already have Halo 3. Gun is a must for me on any console.

Not sure what else I should get. Is Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts worth a shot? I haven't been into the consoles much besides the Wii.

Thanks in advance!

2. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    The original Ded Rising
    Crackdown 1 is fun as hell
    Blue Dragon is a decent RPG
    and of course a Madden for the football days
    I tried to give you one from each genera. But it's up to you to choose if you would like games from all kinds of classes, or narrow it down to one type. I.E.- Adventure/Action, RPG, Sports, Simulation, FPS.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The Left 4 Dead games are pretty fun if you can find them for cheap. They're far superior if you have friends willing to play the games with you online.

If you haven't played it yet, Fable II is really good, can't say anything about Fable III though.

For the arcade, I enjoy Splosion Man and what I played of Limbo. Shank is pretty fun too from my experience, and people seem to really like it.
    Sorry I can't give more recommendations. Everything I know is from the excessive amount of time I've spent on my friend's 360.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'll play anything, but my favorite genre is platformer or a mix of platformer with something else.

And I really want Shank and a few other XLBA games! :D

And do I need to pay for XBL to go to the store?

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

If you're getting a kinect, get only one kinect game; dance central. It's the only game worth getting for now.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Will do. The other ones don't look good at all. Sonic Riders or whatever didn't get good ratings and it looks horrible.

7. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

hear are some game.

dead rising 2
    halo reach
    moh
    fable 3
    assasins creed brotherhood
    deadspace 2 (come out some time next year)

there are some more games but cant name some all so give cod a try. i mean i hated the game at first then got mw2. and started to like it. then the hacks came in then becames shity.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know that the first Modern Warfare is good, but I'll probably just wait until there's a price drop on 2 because I've been told by a friend or two that it's not as good as the first.

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

It is as good, they are virtually identical. And spec ops is awesome 2 player.
    Burnout revenge is good but avoid burnout paradise unless you like driving around for ages with no action.
    If you like RPG's lost odyssey is great, its got a final fantasy X/XII feel to it.
    Condemned is cheap now and its not bad, got a good story to it, condemned 2 is absolute shite though.
    Bioshock and assassins creed are cheap now, so is dead space.
    Other decent games in my collection are dragon age, far cry 2, GTA4, Hitman, last remnant, infinite undiscovery, mass effect 1 and 2, resident evil 5, the force unleashed.
    Ive got 60 I think but I can't remember them all.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be keeping those in mind. :)

The console comes first though! :D

11. LuckyTrouble77

The communities for the Modern Warfare games are terrible. I would avoid the games entirely except for maybe CoD4.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

sonic riders is a PS2 game. if they ported that to xbox360 then microsoft are desperate.

13. LuckyTrouble77

Sonic Riders came out on the PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, and PC. He's thinking of Sonic Free Riders.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1131446p1.html

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I meant that. :p

I wasn't sure what it was called.

15. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

well that is true and untrue. it is true because some want to be a ass on there and hack every thing and mod and other stuff.
    but it is fun to play with friends.

get the orange box. it come with one of the best game ever made. hl2. it all so has portal (first person puzzle game) and tf2 a online game portal 2 is comeing out and it a full game on it own. not sure when hl3 will come out. but get orange box cost 20 dollars and has
    half 2, half 2 episode one, half 2 episode 2, portal, tf2.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know what Portal and all that is. I'm an avid gamer and I keep up with the gaming news and scene. :p
    I love Portal. Can't wait for the second!

As for Half-Life, I'll have to play the first on my Dreamcast before I play the second.

And I collect older games as well...I love to own the old systems! It brings back so many memories! :D

17. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Oblivion is the best RPG on the xbox. No denying it.
    9.3 on IGN, have a read: http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/698/698400p1.html

Also, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is pretty damn epic :)

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I totally forgot the name of that game, but I was trying to remember it last night at work. :)

19. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and bolts :eek:

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, I spent 2/3 of my paycheck on a guitar. :p

The 360'll have to wait till next year. XS