1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Anime Endings that made you go WTF!?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Just like with Soluri's thread, avoid giving spoilers :)

1. The ending to Sister Princess.

I was absolutely mind fucked that the whole reason why Wataru Minakami was sent to the place where the story revolved around was an attempt to "straighten" him out as he was turning gay being enrolled at an all boys school. To which I was kinda annoyed because the anime then was stating the old "assumption" that homosexuality is a choice & that a homosexual can be turned straight provided he/or she was subjected to a heterosexual environment, which may work for others, but if the protagonist was truly gay, you can put him in a room full of women but it wouldn't do squat to him.

2. The Ending to Chobits, Saber Marrionette J & Cho Hatsumei Boy Kanipan .

I've ranted about this before on my "I hated Megaman Zero" thread. I absolutely am disgusted with stories about humans falling in love with robots.

3. The Ending to Galaxy Express 999.

Now this Anime truly had a fucked up ending, not only did the protagonist feel totally messed up about his encounter with a bad twist of fate it turns out the killer of his mother he was looking for was just a duplicate of a far larger being.

4. The Ending to Magic Knight Rayearth.

What's more fucked up & annoying than being summoned to a strange far off land & given the title & powers of a hero only to find out your mission was to assist in murder!?

5. The Ending to Thunder Sub "Blue Noah".

Not exactly the ending per se, but the episodes leading to it. After all the trouble the Gothamites.... no this isn't Batman OK, left their planet to find a new home then finding, ruining & conquering the Earth, it turns out their savior leader was actually an incompetent pompous asshole who ultimately led their race's extinction.(

6. The Ending to the first season of Ojamajo Doremi.

Really!? Giving up all that magical power to save your arch nemesis' life who is not only a total bitch but isn't exactly your friend.

7. The Ending to the first season of Tonde Buta.

You already have the means to fulfill your wildest dream & you throw it all away because you don't want to part ways with the one who'll fulfill it for you

2. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Rurouni Kenshin's OVA ending. The manga had such a fantastic ending, the anime ending was like some bad, sadistic fanfic by a guy who hates the series.

3. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

Death Note, the manga was a bit different in the ending...
    Ryuuk kills Light in front of the cops, while in the anime, Light dies on the stairs suffering a hearth attack by Ryuuk.

4. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Any early UC Gundam series.

Oh, and I didn't get the ending I wanted in Gurren Lagann >=(
    Nia dies, Simon gives the core drill up and becomes a wandering hermit, everyone ages terribly except Viral. The end. With love, Gainax.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

For the folks comparing & commenting on the differences of a series' ending based on its Anime against its manga version, that does not count in this discussion.

It is common practice in the Anime & manga industry that endings & even the entire plot of a series gets revamped when it gets transferred from the original manga to an animated series.

What I absolutely hate though is when they totally change everything about a series to fit the theme or concept they have envisioned for the series that often times ruins the original character/s &/or story. Take for example the 2000 remake of Astroboy, I absolutely hated that remake because they upgraded Astroboy so much that he became a Megaman Rip-off, even though Megaman was kind of an Astroboy ripoff himself. I also hated how they made the series darker, I grew up watching the old 70's & 80's version of Astroboy who was fun loving & so caring, why the fuck they had to turn the show dark is so messed up to me.

Same thing with Shin Mazinger Z, I absolutely loved the original 70's cartoon, but the remake was so effin' dark! Getter Robo, Tetsujin 28 & Cyborg 009 also got remade into darker versions :p

Oh & Another anime that kinda made go "huh!?" because I was left still confused was Love Hina because it was never personally resolved who Keitaro's "childhood love" was & it was left for the audience to piece together on their own, though I am certain that she was Narusegawa though :)

6. Renesha

Renesha Guest

... Cowboy Bebop...
    WHY DID SPIKE DIIEEEEE D'=

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Love Hina Again

8. XXnightmareXX

XXnightmareXX New Member

gantz... i wonder when i see the manga and everything was diferent

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

ending that make me go WTF?

well it have to be Lain.... but then that whole anime make me go WTF >.>

i dont understand Lain at all....

10. Renesha

Renesha Guest

I loved Lain! ^^
    It's a psychological anime w/ a lot of philosophy and science and stuff!
    Make sure to do some research on the subjects discussed in it like the dolphins and frequencies. =3

11. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

How has nobody mentioned Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt?

The world is saved, and corset is crushed. As panty and stocking walk home, stocking asks panty if angels' weapons can harm other angels. panty does not know. Stocking finds out by cutting panty into 666 pieces and reveals she is actually a demon. Corset grows out of Brief's cock, and hops off with stocking as they leave the trail of panty's remains to lead to a city where they can once again use brief to summon a demon. W.T.F.

12. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Meh, I dunno, with everything else I've seen of the series the ending wasn't really that much of a wtf moment for me.

13. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

One reason I could give for remakes becoming more "darker" is that the original viewers of the show have matured and grown up. During development of the remake, the creators probably believed rising the shows maturity was a good idea considering the large majority of their fans will be above 20 years of age.

Not saying it's a good idea for the said animes, just pointing out why the remakes may have been more darker. :)

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

[me=Natewlie]surprised at no mention of Evangelion.[/me]

It's not that confusing, it's just that I never really expected it.

I'm pretty sure the show's not done yet.

Yoko's chin turned into a man chin, wtf.

Oh yeah, Abenobashi made me WTF, it really wasn't the ending I wanted. For a story talking about how escapism isn't the best thing to do, the ending was basically promoting escapism and thus nothing was learned. Retarded.

15. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Old Yoko's titties almost made me /wrist =(

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The only thing about Evangelion that made me go WTF!? were the sex scenes... a few were implied though. I was surprised because the anime was meant to be shown to kids. And sadly this started a trend with other Mecha anime meant for kids showing love making, but not hardcore stuff though, like with Eureka 7 & several Gundam Shows.

LOL! Yeah, Lain can totally mind fuck one bad.

17. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

almost any gainax ending nuff' said

18. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Yeah wtf indeed.

19. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Elfen Lied, WHY AN OPEN ENDING

20. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member