1. This forum is in read-only mode.

All Pokemon RPG Games-Levelling Up

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by n0thealthy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

A significant part of all Pokemon RPGs involves training your Pokemon so they level up and become stronger.

So, I was wondering, do you guys have any techniques/tips/strategies for training Pokemon. For example, a friend once told me to level up once in every grass patch I encountered. Though it was tedious, I found it did help and my Pokemon were stronger before they got to a major battle/Gym fight.

Any suggestions?

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Since I've read that most serious Pokemon players on RomUlation (me included) do use some form of cheat system, either by cheat codes or Pokesav, my best advice would be to just cut corners, cheat & use wasted time encounter leveling for other games.

3. n0thealthy

Yeah but for me, that makes the game far too easy and defeats the point really.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The game has only 2 points to it:

1. Catch every Pokemon

2. Defeat the elite four

Where's the depth there?

Quite frankly battling real people in a Pokemon match is far more important, so to win those, sometimes you gotta soup up your Pokemon.

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Indeed, you should only cheat a game after you beat it.

A good tip I have always used in every pokemon game I played was "keep all your pokemon at the same level". This way, you'll have a balanced team, and if you spend some time in each area levelling them up, you'll also have a strong team. For example, you enter a cave, and you set priorities: first, train your pokemon, like two levels each, for example. It might take some time, but you'll notice that it's very rewarding. I once rushed Diamond, and I ended up stuck in a gym leader, because I couldn't beat her lvl 30 Lucario. Then I had to train them a lot at once. But if you train them a small bit, but many times, it's much less boring.

To win those, you will have to cheat, because they always cheat too.

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Too bad we can't do quotes inside of quotes...

I can vouch for the cheating part since I helped a ton of people in pokesaving them a team.

Also, look up EV training and IV breeding.
    If you really are hardcore, look up how to breed egg moves as well.

These three things are what takes hundreds of hours to achieve a really good team (notice I didn't say perfect or godly).

Edit: There's also two different types of training. Environmental pokemon are pokemon I would use to complete the game, (usually not EV trained, has HM moves, and are pre-National Dex).

Then there's PvP, which are the three methods, IV/egg move breeding, and EV training.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's why I said you have to cheat. I was very surprised when I learned that hardcore Pokemon Battlers like insanecrazy & kamage were admitted Pokesav users, I thought hardcorers only used Pokemon bred & trained the normal way, boy was I wrong.

Now about my choice of cheats, the only ones I use really are infinite cash cheats & the complete Pokedex cheat, I can't be bothered collecting every single Pokemon. I only want to catch the one I really like.

8. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Hardcore Pokemon Battlers cheat, Pokemon Lovers raise a team level by level, manually, then kick the hardcores' asses. :p

Too bad there aren't a lot of Pokemon Lovers, though. :p

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I know the whole process of how to get the end-product. I just don't want to put in the ridiculous amount of time breeding near perfect IVs with the right Nature, Hidden Power, and egg moves. EV training isn't all that bad with pokerus and the macho brace.

I don't know if you know, but I purposely DON'T battle at all. I only trade. I arrange trades that involve trading created pokemon for crap ones.
    I'm only hardcore in the aspect of theory and strategy, not so much actual battling.

My new thing is checking all of my hacked pokemon with Legit.exe.
    And of course, all of my breedables check out.

Edit: I admit that I am a Pokesav user, but all of the people that I have helped never tell that they have hacked stuff. I could also just go onto marriland or whatever and create a different login name and pretend I'm all noobish at the game. But that would conflict with the few morals that I do have.

10. n0thealthy

Thank you. That's the sort of respnse I was looking for.

EV breeding? Forget it. Too long, too complicated and there's no point if you just want to beat the game like me, not battle other people etc. Plus, by now you've probably guessed I'm not a hardcore Pokemon gamer - I just enjoy the game casually.

Cahos: I'm not really looking for depth in a Pokemon game. Just casual, unadulterated fun.

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Nope, never cheat for leveling up, as I have skillz. If you play in a emulator, increase the speed, since most battles you can just keep tapping A. Another tip is if you're strong enough you can just keep clicking A, but don't pay too much attention to the game, do something else, watch TV, eat etc., and eventually you get levels in no time. That's how I got a Feraligatr before I even got the Falkner Gym Badge in Pokemon Crystal on my Gameboy Colour in no time :)

12. n0thealthy

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I like playing them on my PSP and that has a terrible fast-forward feature. Will definetely do the tapping-A thing though.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

14. aquaboy123

aquaboy123 Active Member

walk around in the grass until u can kill them in 2 hits or less

15. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

you doesn't have to cheat to levelling your pokemon up...

just keep training... i have six pokemon on level>90 (my favourite) ... manually training.. without cheat...

in pokemon emerald.... if you want to gain experience plus money... fight gaby and ty.. they always want have a battle with you...

16. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

All gyms and respective leaders follow the same sort of patter - an increase of about five levels. So, in between each area, make sure that you raise your group of Pokemon - ALL Pokemon that you're currently using, hopefully six - five levels. Trainer's Pokemon offer the best experience, so make sure that you explore each nook and cranny for some trainers to fight.

Also make sure that you train in areas where the Pokemon are fairly easy to beat, such as using Electric or Grass Pokemon in the oceans, where there are an abundance of Water Pokemon that can easily be killed. You can always test the waters of each gym leader, too, before you truly fight them, just by saving before you fight him and seeing how you hold you - you might be surprised how well you do.

And, if you're just going through the first time, I'd say that you pay no attention to EVs, IVs, or whatever else the more elite, hardcore players use to train - you get by just fine ignoring everything but your Pokemon's types and, occasionally, their ability.

17. poke_maker

poke_maker New Member

IF you have an r4, one of the cheats is super exp gain. if you want to lvl up a traded pokemon, give it the xp share and use super xp gain. for each trainer battle it should get about 23,000 - 26,000 xp each pokemon.

just be careful if the pokemon ur lvling up evolves cos there is a great chance u'll go over the evolving lvl.

i have about 10 lvl 100 pokemon and i got them all to that lvl by doing this.

my nxt lvl 100's will be celebi and cherrim =]

18. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

If i wanted to go wifi i would use the cheat to level up too, instead of wasting my time training, because it's the same thing oveer and over.

19. amatsusah

amatsusah Active Member

i used 999 rarecandy cheat

it will be alot faster than battling, as all my pokemon, ~70 are all lvl100

20. bleh_asura

bleh_asura Well-Known Member

yeah rare candy can a quite useful too