1. This forum is in read-only mode.

360 RPG suggestions

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by MadmanNero, Aug 15, 2010.

1. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I have a few but I was just wondering if I might have over looked any others.

What I have so far:
    Mass Effect 1
    Mass Effect 2,
    Dragon Age Origins,
    Oblivion GOTY
    Blue Dragon,
    Lost Odyssey,
    The Last Remnant,
    Final Fantasy XIII,
    Tales of Vesperia,
    Magna Carta 2
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Resonance of Fate
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Fable 2 GOTY
    NIER

2. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

You could try Fallout 3 and Fable 2.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else.

3. MadmanNero

Damn I forgot I had both of those as well thanks for the reminder.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, there are a few I have that aren't listed.

Eternal Sonata
    Enchanted Arms
    Spectral Force 3

By no means are they "great" games. And Eternal Sonata can be very annoying with the voice acting (the characters say the name of the attack every time they use it!).
    Spectral Force 3 is your basic Atlus tatical RPG game. Not as good as Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics... but you might have fun.

Ones that I don't own, and haven't tried:
    NIER

Square Enix title, went on relatively un-noticed

Western RPG styled games:
    Divinity 2
    Two Worlds

Played the demos on these two, kinda Oblivion-ish, but not as good...

Vandal Hearts Flames of Judgement is a downloadable one from Xbox Live. It is a Tactical RPG game, but has been dumbed down so much that it kind of sucks. The combat, weapon system, and magic system are so simplistic it's like playing a game designed for children. Entirely ruined the whole Tactical RPG element of the game.

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

NIER is a decent hack n slash game with RPG elements though it turns into one hell of a mindfuck once you beat the game once and start doing the alternate endings.

I've heard mixed things about Two Worlds but you can apparently get it dirt cheap so if it doesn't end up being your cup of tea, you won't really be out anything.

6. MadmanNero

Not out anything other than the time downloading got a JTag Hacked 360 so I can play downloaded ISOs either via burns or off an external HDD same for XBLA stuff yeah I am screwed playing online but seeing as I can play for free seems like a fair trade off. and RPGs are easily found around here in shops especially the older titles. NIER thats another one I have I forgot to add.

Bah! That sucks about Vandal Hearts I used to play the first one on PSX I sorta liked it. Now I have 5 more to put on my hit list and it seems like I played a demo of Eternal Sonata on PS3 my wife seemed to like it more than I did.

Well I guess the RPG selection wasn't as big as I was expecting oh well it will take me quite a while to complete them all anyway so its all good. Thanks guys!

7. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

I played Enchanted Arms. It's not nearly as good as Final Fantasy, but it's a decent game. The characters are also the likeable sort.

8. HorrorOvYig

HorrorOvYig Well-Known Member

Does Darksiders count?
    I really wouldn't say its a RPG though.. \:
    Chaotic Shadow Warriors is one of the few RPG's I saw.
    Looks pretty lame but worth the shot?

Lost Planet 2 a RPG game?
    How about Metro 2033?
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands?